Help ODAN and Others Find a Temporary Residence

On the Pakistanis Living in Dubai, etc. and the Want to Settle in Ecuador... threads, ODAN explains his complicated visa situation.

He has now PM'd me, and due to technical problems I can't get through to him with a return PM at this time.  So I am answering him here by creating this new thread.

ODAN plans to come to Quito and seeks an inexpensive temporary residence while doing the visa process.

Before I moved here my previous five hotel stays in Quito were at Hotel Ambassador, 9 de Octubre y Colon.  It's a place mostly for middle-class Ecuadorians and the front desk usually is speaking Spanish.  For that reason it may not score high marks at tripadvisor.com  and other mostly-English websites.

However, it has the advantages of being in a convenient location, being secure (in my experience) and you can negotiate a good rate if you have some espanol.

I paid $25 a night for a stay of under a week last year (before my condo was ready to move to) and on prior extended stays, I negotiated a weekly rate that worked out to $17 a night.

Please assist ODAN and others on a budget to find a low-cost place in Quito that you know, where he can be comfortable during the visa process.

And yes, ODAN, highly-recommended visa attorney Sebastian Cordero is in Quito.

cccmedia

Thank you so very much CCmedia for being so helping and create a thread for me!!! Appreciate!!!!

Good luck ODAN

suefrankdahl wrote:

Good luck ODAN

Thanks and pray for my tourist visa that i will be able to have!!

Of course

ODAN wrote:

Thank you so very much cccmedia for being so helping and create a thread for me!!! Appreciate!!!!

You're welcome, ODAN.

Your other question to me was about how long the visa process took me.

As I recall it was close to three months once Sebastian and I submitted the official application with all the paperwork in order.

However, when I first arrived in Quito to meet with him, I still did not have my apostilles.*  Due to overseas mailing times of two weeks each way and a mistake by the U.S. state department apostiller, this all added another three months to the process.

I highly recommend getting your documents and apostilles done before you come to EC if possible to avoid what I experienced.

Anecdotal reports of late indicate some folks are getting their EC residency visas in six weeks or less.

*As many on Expat.com know, an apostille is a document or endorsement that enables the use overseas of an original document.

I just found out that ODAN has queried me about three specific documents, as to whether he needs to provide them for his investment visa.

Your visa-related documents and apostilles may be different from someone else's and, to my knowledge, none of us posting on this thread is an immigration attorney who is up to date of every wrinkle and every recent change in the visa procedures.

Ipso facto, since you're using Sebastian Cordero as your attorney, you should take advantage of his "conocimiento" and ask him what dox you'll need.