NEED ADVICE PLEASE

Hi everyone, I got au pair job in UK, the family au pair agree will cover all the permit visa, and booking flight, but according what they said, I need to following procedure, need to paid fee(200pound) for form visa to they family agency which is hire by family aupair so that they can submit my document and processing visa from UK, if I paid and going well for documents and tings that I need to fill up, affter two week prossecing finish, what I need to do is I need to go to British embassy in here to get stamp(visa)on my original passport which is been prossecing from there.
What I want to know is, is it the right procedure?.Because honestly I still can't believe to transfer that money.

thanks
Latifah

I am not British but for me it sounds like a scam....

The family agreed to pay ticket and other expenses but not willing to settle the 200 pounds which they claim need to be covered from your side ?

I would be very cautious but believe other members here can tell you whether this is common practice.

That was my first thought too: saying they will cover all expenses but you have to pay 200 pound. I have the feeling this is scam.

This sounds very dicey to me too.

Why not call the UK embassy in Jakarta and run this all by them. 

I know a few folks in my village who have worked abroad (but not in the UK) and they never had to send funds in advance.

Smelly indeed.... :unsure

We have a rule  : never pay 1 dîme to get à job. All ex penses MUST be covered by the employer!

Scam - 100%

The employee needs to pay nothing for forms and paperwork - the employer does the lot.

Sounds like a scam. However if you want to be sure ill do it a other way.

Just tell the company to pay the fee and deduct it from your first pay check. That way they get their money and you get your visa.

If it's a scam they will give you all the excuses why they can't do this. If they proceed,  well the UK company are cheap in making you pay.

Hi Latifah
I don't really know - but there are a lot of scams. It sounds a bit suspect to me.
I'd say: Don't pay until you're 99% sure it's legitimate.
Ian