Need help translating something...

Thank you in advance for this guys. I just want something translated because Google Translate gives me a very unclear translation.

Mọi thứ đều quay lưng lại!

Thank you again!  :)

aljamamarion wrote:

I've just found this: "quay lưng lại": to turn one's back upon somebody.

Everything/Everyone turn his back upon me!
Everything/Everyone is against me!

ngattt wrote:
aljamamarion wrote:

I've just found this: "quay lưng lại": to turn one's back upon somebody.

Everything/Everyone turn his back upon me!
Everything/Everyone is against me!

Thank you chị!

I am in need of help again with translating something else :p

Mùa thu lặng lẽ trôi đi
Mùa đông lạc giữa tình yêu...

What does it mean? thank you... I have still much to learn if I cannot translate this myself.

aljamamarion wrote:

1. Mùa thu lặng lẽ trôi đi
2. Mùa đông lạc giữa tình yêu...

They are in a song that I like a lot Phố xa
1. Autumn is passing quietly...
2. Winter lost in love (lạc: means "lost the way")

I don't now if it's right or wrong, but I tried to translate for you :D. Hope someone can help.

Can I ask what Pho xa is all about? What is the theme of that song? I listened to it and it seems a nice song but I cannot really understand what is says.. I will try and translate it though.

You can't translate word by word a paragraph unless you wanna learn vocabularies. You especially can't translate a poem or song (the one you are trying to understand) that way.

Give us the whole poem/song or paragraph.

Scarletvn wrote:

You can't translate word by word a paragraph unless you wanna learn vocabularies. You especially can't translate a poem or song (the one you are trying to understand) that way.

Give us the whole poem/song or paragraph.

I see, Okay here is the whole lyrics of that song.

Mưɑ νề trên ƙhúc hát
Ļắng u buồn đợi bóng hình ɑi
Ŋhư tìm νề thoáng hương xɑ
Ϲon đường giờ là ƙỷ niệm
Giọt sương lặng lẽ bên ℮m
Đọng trên đôi mắt νô tư
Để buồn cho con ρhố nhỏ
Để một người đến νấn νương.

Đĸ:

Đi bên ℮m chiều trên lối νắng
Ƥhố xɑ, ρhố xɑ ngỡ như thật gần
Đôi νɑi ℮m gầу trong chiếc lá
Giờ là đợi chờ nhớ mong mùɑ xuân
Ƭrên tɑу ℮m nụ hoɑ νẫn nở
Ƥhố xɑ, ρhố xɑ ngỡ như thật gần
Ϲâu уêu thương chìm trong nỗi nhớ
Mơ νề một ngàу có mưɑ êm đềm.

Mưɑ νề trên ƙhúc hát
Ļắng u buồn đợi bóng hình ɑi
Ŋhư tìm νề giấc mơ xɑ
Mâу mờ giờ là ƙỷ niệm
Mùɑ thu lặng lẽ trôi đi
Mùɑ đông lạc giữɑ tình уêu
Xuân νề như con nắng hạ
ßốn mùɑ mưɑ νẫn đợi ɑi.

Good karaoke song for those that like to scream or sing loud.

Mưa Hồng or any song by Trinh Cong Son are very poetic.

You can't translate word for word but at least you'll get the vocabulary.  Try Mua Hong lyrics. Than see if you can have your own interpretation from the English translated words. It's the same trying to inrterpret the meaning of a poem written in English.

Its not easy to translate this song to Vietnamese. But this song talks about someone who think a lot about his ex and the memory with her. Still he is waiting her in all 4 seasons (Bốn mùa mưa vẫn đợi ai), "mưa" = "rain", but here it means "he" - the man. If I have much time, I will try to explain for you, not translate :D.

ngattt wrote:

Its not easy to translate this song to Vietnamese. But this song talks about someone who think a lot about his ex and the memory with her. Still he is waiting her in all 4 seasons (Bốn mùa mưa vẫn đợi ai), "mưa" = "rain", but here it means "he" - the man. If I have much time, I will try to explain for you, not translate :D.

okay thank you for your help :)

I now get the general idea of what the song is about. Actually I will not go to such lengths to know what is what but a part of that song (which I posted before) is the status of the girl I really really like in Skype (my co worker). And I was curious but would rather not ask her myself because i get a feeling that it will be a sensitive topic if I ask her about that.

Again thanks for replying I will wait for your explanation :p

Hi!
Now I get the context.

1. "Mọi thứ đều quay lưng lại" will literally be translated into English "Everything turn their back to me". But in this case, which I assume from the song she is thinking about, it's gonna be "Everything's gone. Everybody's gone."

2. The song:
General idea: It's a quite famous song composed by Le Quoc Thang. The song is like the melancholy thought of a person about his/her memories about the one he/she loves. It's more like a secret unrequited love than a love story.
He/she recall the memory of the day when he/she had chance to happily go along with the one he/she loves while going on that way again. He/she dreams about a day beloved one come back beside them but it seems that day will never come.

The lyric she chose "Mùa thu lặng lẽ trôi đi. Mùa đông lạc giữa tình yêu" is "The autumn's passing by quietly. And the winter is wandering in her love".

I think it's definitely time for you to come making friend with her, wipe away cold winter in her heart. But remember to be gentle! She's fragile now.

Good luck! I'm glad to hear good news about a broken heart healed and an empty arm will be fulfilled by wrapping that heart. :)
Don't be hesitated to ask me if you need any further help! :)

I think return back to the past cherished moments for moi thu deu quay lung lai?

Nope! She is saying that everything is turning their back to her, which means all gone.

I do not know yet what I should do.. I did say I love her already but she rejected me and says that she is still enjoying her single life. Though I do not know, her past lover is still in her mind a lot and it really hurts me everytime she cries because of him.

For me, approaching her and giving my all would be like a double-edge sword. And most likely the edge is larger on my side. I do not know. Her love for her ex-boyfriend may be deeper than I thought. And maybe if I continue to pursue her, I would be digging my own grave.

Now her skype status is: "Bao nhiêu năm rồi làm gì và được gì… ngày tháng sao vội đi đôi khi
không như ý… trôi qua bao nhiêu năm nữa có lẽ ta không ngây ngô… như bây giờ…"

And online translators can't pick up long sentences like this. I do not have the slightest idea of what this means but most likely I am guessing it will hurt me again but I want to know what it means.

Sorry if it becomes too long. Should just be requesting help for translation. :(

How many years has it been what have I done and what have I got to show... how many more years will past perhaps I won't ngây ngô...like now.

Ngây ngô mean dull, stupid

Just checked online dictionary

khanh44 wrote:

How many years has it been what have I done and what have I got to show... how many more years will past perhaps I won't ngây ngô...like now.

Ngây ngô mean dull, stupid

Just checked online dictionary

this doesn't make sense to me :/

can you elaborate more on what it means? I cannot comprehend what that sentence wants to express. sorry :/

aljamamarion wrote:

this doesn't make sense to me :/
/

It means: many years pass, and she wonders what did she do, what did she get? Why time is so fast, she still has many things to do, she did many things but the results were not like she want. And maybe some next years, she will not stupid like she was in the past.

I'll summarize. She's subtly hinting she is in need of change for the better because she sees herself stuck in a routine.

You can/may be that change that hope she is looking for. Be strong and don't be afraid. Vietnamese people respect people that are honest with their feelings.

Ahh I see! Thank you everyone. Now I know what to do :D

(LOL this was supposed to be a simple translation job but it got to something else :p)

again thank you :)