Moving to Matamorso

Are there any expateriats current living in Matamorso, Mexico. We are two senior men 67 & 81 and are interested in renting an inexpensive house in the Centro part of Matamorso or in a section where a car is not needed. We hear lots of horror stories about the border towns. We have four Bulldogs and need a house or an apartment that will take dogs for between for around 2500 pesos more or less. Of course the cheaper the better. I have lived in Merida, Mexico and only paid 1200 pesos. Any help about relocating to Matamorso would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Howell

Hi Howell,

There are some articles about accommodation in Mexico here : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/north-am … ation.html , i suggest you to have a look at them as they might help you.

Feel free to post your accommodation request in the Housing in Mexico section as well.

Hope these tips will help ;)

Priscilla

Well Howell,

I have to ask if you have considered returning to Merida which you are apparently familiar with? Brownsville is one of the more notorious crossings for a a good reason. Also Matamorso, Mexico. has it's own fame related to 40 meter sink holes. Good luck on your adventure and be safe.