Scandinavians?

Hi

Just relocated to Glasgow area, any other Scandinavians in the area?

Hello rolfjo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

It would be great if you can introduce yourself and tell us a bit more about you?

Will you reside permanently in Glasgow please? How do you find it so far?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hello,

I just posted on another thread you posted on. I have also just moved to Glasgow from Norway, although I am originally from Scotland. What brought you to Glasgow and how are you finding it so far?

David

Being tired of living in Norway while my partner living in Glasgow. It was hard living in a bag both places, never settling down properly made me choose to move in with her.

I find it not much different than living in Norway, off course you have to start over again building a new network...

How did you find Norway compared to Scotland?

Rolf

It's hard to live apart like that, so it's good that you have managed to move together.

You are right that there are many similarities between Scotland and Norway. That definitely makes the transition easier. It can be a bit daunting to start off without knowing anyone. At least you have your girlfriend. When I moved to Norway I didn't know anyone. I have moved here with my Norwegian boyfriend so I suppose he is in a similar situation to you now.

There were a lot of things about Norway which I really liked, and some things which annoyed me. I think Scotland has a lot fewer rules and regulations, which I like. I feel like you get to make more of your own choices here. Things seem to be a lot less efficient here though, which can be quite irritating at first. I suppose I will get used to that again.

Which part of Norway are you from?

David