Meet up

Hi everybody,
I am a guy from Glasgow visiting Bucharest from 28th November until 1st December, I would like to meet some British ex-pats or anyone really for a few beers and a chat etc......it beats standing at the bar on your own,
regards Martin

Welcome to Bucharest

Hello,
Thank you, I will arrive next Friday 28th November....
regards Martin

Rainy season here

Hi,
Yes I know that the weather may not be very nice...... but I wiil just have to put up with it !!!!!! haha

Hello mate,
There are a few Irish pubs in Bucharest owned by a bloke called David. If you put Irish pub Bucharest in your browser it will give you the addresses. All the staff speak English and quite a few Brits drink in the pubs. If you get friendly with British Embassy staff, you might get an invite to the Brit club which is situated within the Embassy grounds. I used to drink there but they would only accept dollars at that time. I'm not sure if it still exists but if it does, you'll get to meet loads of Brits. When I go to Bucharest, I tend to drink in local bars where the beer is a lot cheaper but you won't see any westerners in that type of bar, as they tend to be a bit rough and ready, I'm used to them after 20 years of going to Romania. One thing people have probably not mentioned is to be aware of pick pockets and some of the gypsies, don't put yourself in a situation where you might wander into an area that is mainly inhabited by gypsies. Although, not all of them are bad.

Hello Mate,
Thanks again for the info, all the best,
regards Martin