Dependant visa

hi there. I am currently living in kl together with my fam. my husband who is working here, and my daughter. apparently we are still on dependant's pass on hubby's previous employer (now hubby has new company and had his new working visa) I want to ask something regarding our dependants pass it will expire on feb 17, 2014 and we are planning to renew our dp on hubby's new company. upon the expiration of our dp, do we need to exit Malaysia in order for us to process a new dp under hubby's new company or do we need to cancel our dp to apply a new one? can you pls enlighten me about this or if you know someone (agency) that could help me answer my questions.

hubby did called their hr office for visa processing but still no answer until now.. maybe too busy lah. I dunno..

thank you in advance!  :D

aloha..hi there...actually u dont ned to cancel your dp now...hav u submit the new application for the new dp using the new company???if the date of the expiry are earlier than the approval for the new dp, u dont ned to go out, what u ned to do is juz to extend a special pass, depending on officer to gve u either 30 days, 14 days or 7 days..depending on cases..and for a special pass, everyone are entititle on 2 times for special pass and only applicable for new or extention application for Dp10 but not for general worker or maid...if u hav any question, juz inbox me and wil try my best to guide u.....hope this lil info helps...cheers...take it easy...Aloha...

oh that really help alot hehe thanks.

we will be in the philppines this december so hubby is planning to apply for new dp on january when we come back. will it be ok to apply a new one even if our dp is not yet expired? im just worried if we have to exit malaysia again on feb upon expiry and get back here hehe (its tiring to travel with a todler with me -- and thinking about the expenses for airfare ) 😁 nwei i will inform hubby about this

You need to organise your DP under the new company and employment pass immediately, otherwise you are not quite legal. It is a bit of a tricky area to give you a answer, because you may be asked to leave the country say to the Thai border or to Singapore as you will be cancelling your current DP and moving to the new one. However, your husband must have done the same, so I expect that what happened in his case will apply to you. However, if it will interrupt your daughter's schooling, you may be able to ask for dispensation.

gravitas,

we will apply our new dp next year before it expires, so does it mean we really need to exit malaysia even if the new dp is in process already? cnt we just extend or apply a special pass like Doubleupz said awhile ago? my husband's working visa was delayed but his company applied an extension for him so he did not leave malaysia anymore. is that applicable to us dpndat pass holder?

my daughter is not schooling yet. shes 2. hehe

No, you have to get a dependent visa sorted so that it is associated with your husband's new employment pass. Why doen't his company help you all? Even if you offer to pay?

Employment passes are strictly associated to a specific job and company. The same rules apply to the dependent visa.  The dependent visas will expire on the same date as your husband's new visa.

You may run into difficulties at the airport if you are not on the right pass with the same company as your husband.

he already called his company about that but up to date, no clear answers. maybe we just need to follow it up. since my hubby is busy these past few days and not very insistent to that matter.

nwei thanks alot for the information. 😊 and will apply for it immidiately.

nytnyt

admiremariah

hubby is in oil and gas company. he did called hr a while ago and told to wait. i guess the hr personel still have to confirm from immi about the process.

really hope we dont need to exit heheh

thanks alot!

Hi everyone,

For legalization do we need to submit the original birth and marriage certificate or the photocopy of the same?

Thanks

hi dee_gee

i guess you have to have it photostat and be certified by your embassy.

in our case, i submitted the original and 2 copies of photostat to be certified by phil embassy. it depends on the agent, if you hire someone to process your application or you can just do it by yourself.

hope this helps 👌😁😁😁