Fitness

Hello

i am looking for a good gym in District 1

Can anybody give me advice please

Kind Regards
Andy

California yoga and fitness. Incredible gym, nine levels. District one near Ben thahn markets. Joined for one month and cost m 2.3 million dong, $20 US for a casual day visit. Air conditioned! Big plus!

Thanks for your reply

Does it have classes there need to motivating haha

Kind regards

Andy

Yeah! Les mills body pump, combat, jam and sh'bam and balance. Rpm, step, shape up mid morning and nights and they also have yoga every hour. Classes in English. Pump sometimes half Vietnamese half English but still easy to follow

Hello

How are you? hope you are good

Thanks for you reply

How often do you go?

I am looking for a gym partner to help me motivate and i am crap at zumba classes

i am in hcmc for 3 weeks and really want to hit the fitness trail

andy

Hey,
Yeah good thanks, haven't been going for the last two weeks hurt my wrist and then my membership ended. Waiting to see if I get a job or not before joining again but I was going about five days a week. Oh I don't do Zumba I hate it haha. You should look up the fitness class timetable on their website, pump is really easy to follow if you haven't done many classes but any class where the instructor is genesis is so much fun and motivating, he knows how to make you love your workout. Just tell the instructor at the start it's your first time! I reccommend if you haven't done many classes before trying pump, rpm, shbam, shape up and combat. Jam and step are a bit hard to follow if you've never done them. Body balance is easier to follow too, mix of Pilates yoga abs and tai chi. The classes are all pretty enjoyable!

Haha Zumba looks easy but pushes you i am sure hihi

How long have you been in hcmc, i have been going for about 3 years and love it

if you are not a member anymore where do go for fitness,

do you play squash or tennis

Andy
:)

You can find some information here: http://phamvanmach.com.vn/lang/en

He is a famous person in Vietnam. Last month I tried to learn about this gym for my exchange student. She said it's ok and it's not expensive for foreigner.
I don't know if she went there or not, because I didn't ask her yet.

thanks so much for you reply

i will look into it
thanks
andy

I've been to California Fitness Yoga next to Cho Ben Thanh 3 times, I CANNOT recommend it. Like the other person said, it's 9 stories. Sounds huge but each story is about 10 meters long and 5 meters wide. It's skinny and cramped. You have to go one floor for weights, next floor for aerobics, next floor for locker room and so on. Waiting for the elevator is a time waster. Walking the stairs is inconvenient because you may need to go up/down 8 floors. 1st floor is just reception. I just hated it there. I recommend 2 other options.

1. GetFit Gym and Yoga
About 800 meters from Bui Vient St which is near Cho Ben Thanh. Across the bridge is District 4. It's on 3rd floor of high rise. All of it is one floor. Big place. Clean. Towel service. Sauna. Aerobic, spin/cycling classes. You name it. Cheaper than choice 2 below.

2. California Fitness and Yoga
Same chain but newer and MUCH better than 9 story one. About 200 meters from Bitexaco bldg, across the bridge so it's District 4 as well. Sound far but it's only about 800-1200 meters away from Cho Ben Thanh. Also has all the classes mentioned above. No towel service unless you're VIP member. That membership is outrageous! It's the most expensive gym but the biggest.

New memberships could be expensive. Try looking in the classifieds or craiglist for people selling their old ones.

Hey timo

thanks so much for the advice
i remember when i went there to look around and you are right
all coming back to me now

thanks for honest opinion

i will check the GetFit Gym and Yoga
thanks

andy