Help me please!

My partner has been seconded to Gibraltar for work, but since being there has been offered a permanent position out there. Myself and his one year old son are in England but to remain as a family are looking to move out there... What I want to know is where on earth to start!! We are looking at living the Spanish side of the border due to the cost, but what areas are nice to live in/good for toddlers?
Are there plenty of groups around to go to and meet people (that will actually talk to me and not be cliquey like they are back home!!)
These will be my questions to start with, there may be more if people don't mind helping!! Thank you in advance! X x

The areas close to the frontier are generally not considered nice.

By the time your partner has travelled to and across the frontier it will have cost money and time, these have to be considered against the extra accommodation costs in Gib.
Also Gib is such a small place that it would be very hard not to make friends both for yourself and your child

Regards

Grumpy

Thank you for your help grumpy! We have seen Santa margarita and alcaidesa are meant to be nice, do you have any knowledge of these? The only problem for us with Gib is the cost of places to live, I don't mind my partner taking time to get to work, the exercise of cycling/walking will do him good!! Haha x x

Santa Margarita is 7.5 kms from the frontier, Alcaidesa 13.5 Kms.

I am not very familiar with these two areas, but have visited them and yes they are fairly reasonable but that does not mean that all accommodation there is up to scratch.

Also they will require you or your partner travelling to shop.

Personally I would not like to be in either area without a car, another expense. However although a car is not a necessity in Gib one is ideal to get out and do some touring.

Regards

Grumpy

Thank you very much for your help grumpy! 😄