Why its hard to find job or make friends in Barcelona!!!!

why its hard to find job or make friends in Barcelona!!!!

It's hard to find a job anywhere in Spain because there aren't many with 26% unemployment nationwide and over 20% for young people. Finding a job is not going to be easy.
As for friends, I don't know.

Hi Dreamgirl

JB80 is probably right about finding a job, but finding friends should be really easy.  I think it all depends on what kind of activities you want to get involved in - there is a lot going on and many many foreigners and locals who come together to do things.  Happy to give you some suggestions on how to get involved in whatever you're interested in - send me a separate message if you like.

Victor

Finding a job is not as hard as you think, English teachers are in high demand and the general atmosphere is very positive about Spain climbing out of the recession, There is also other work for English speakers if you know where to look. As for friends that is something I have found much harder, well meeting ex pat friends anyway, I have posted a couple of times on this site and am yet to recieve a single reply, perhaps because my posts were specific about wanting to play football but I didn't think it'd be hard to meet a few people who fancied a gentle kick about and a few beers after, apparently it is.

Internations (dot org) and Meetup (dot com) groups are bursting with friendly people - both locals and expats - who regularly get together around various activities.

just at the beginning until they get to know you , than every thing is smooth

Not sure of the answer except for the high unemployment issue in most areas. I actually am looking to move there at some point and will have the issue on friends I'm sure, especially since I don't speak the language.  From reading, it sounds like you are a teacher so perhaps it will come together for you soon.  I create companies for a living and am now looking to expand to Europe in my fitness business if you happen to know of anyone who is a "fit" person who may want to promote my products to health clubs and CrossFit gyms. Contact me if you have ideas. stpfitnessproducts.com

Well Spain is booming , lots of new companies opening their office here , even most call centrums from Europe are here
So i think its the right time to come and invest in Spain

Booming?

Hi adsingleton, my husband is American and trying to find a engl.teaching job but they all seem to hesitant to hire non Europe citizens.is self employment an option, doing private classes?

Hi,

I see that you lived in Norway.
It's easy for you to find a job here if you speak Norwegian, or any of the nordic languages.
As for friends, yeah i find it quite hard as well. You can try Language exchanges - I've met a lot of people there, non has become "friends", but still nice to be sociable and meet new people.

//Denny