I stopped learning Arabic

It will be my third month on 26 here in the Kingdom and since I came here I started learning Arabic. I have a book by Living Languages and now I can read and write arabic letter. I started building my vocabulary and now onto grammar. But when I tried to use it at work my colleagues say they can't understand me because of my accent, I always end up typing what I said in my phone for them to understand and some arabs can be hard in commenting as well. It's like I want to learn this language but it is not letting me in. Pronunciation is really difficult.

if you give up, you'll never reach your goal.. if you keep going, you will inshaa Allaah

Hello Kristian,

You have only been here for three months and still you had the motivation to start learning Arabic and go as far as forming words and pronunciation, this in itself is a big achievement. :one

At least you know 'what you do not know' which is important. For Arabic pronunciation, I suggest you take two steps :

a) Read basic Quran verses, most Arabs will be able to guide you, don't fell sensitive if you are not a muslim.

b) site everythingisvisual.com/arabictraining/b1l01.html .

Let me know the progress.

I feel you but please, don't stop.

Arabic is a difficult language to learn and its not easy although it makes sense. Pronunciation is difficult and when people say they don't  understand what you are saying, you want to quite and feel embarrassed.
Trust me, I know how it feels. It seems they don't want to make the effort to understand you while you are working so hard and try your very best to learn. Tell them that you speak a little and you learn the language.If you are able to read Arabic, read out loud. This will help you a lot.

There are several good channels on youtube to help you, one of my favorite is learningarabicwithmaha.
Maybe it works for you as well.

Good luck!

riazcdki wrote:

Hello Kristian,

You have only been here for three months and still you had the motivation to start learning Arabic and go as far as forming words and pronunciation, this in itself is a big achievement. :one

At you know 'what you do not know' which is important. For Arabic pronunciation, I suggest you take two steps :

a) Read basic Quran verses, most Arabs will be able to guide you, don't fell sensitive if you are not a muslim.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check this website!

Primadonna wrote:

I feel you but please, don't stop.

Arabic is a difficult language to learn and its not easy although it makes sense. Pronunciation is difficult and when people say they don't  understand what you are saying, you want to quite and feel embarrassed.
Trust me, I know how it feels. It seems they don't want to make the effort to understand you while you are working so hard and try your very best to learn. Tell them that you speak a little and you learn the language.If you are able to read Arabic, read out loud. This will help you a lot.

There are several good channels on youtube to help you, one of my favorite is learningarabicwithmaha.
Maybe it works for you as well.

Good luck!

They said that listening can greatly help so I think I would do that. Yes, I feel embarrassed most of the time as someone even said "please speak in English instead as I don't understand your accent". I want to practice by speaking but sometimes I feel shy to.

There is 22 arabic country and there is many accents some times arabic people from the same country but different area they can't understand each other

you can speak arabic just in 3 months! this is very good don't give up and tell the people i'm still learning maybe they can help you and don't feel embarrassed, i think day after day you will be better

:top:

KristianKenneth wrote:
riazcdki wrote:

Hello Kristian,

At you know 'what you do not know' which is important. For Arabic pronunciation, I suggest you take two steps :

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check this website!

Dude, 3 month's and u able  to learn how to write and read? dude I've been here for almost 2 years now but can't even talk straight in arabic. lol , maybe it's better before using ur language try and ask locals if ur saying it correctly.

KristianKenneth wrote:

It will be my third month on 26 here in the Kingdom and since I came here I started learning Arabic. I have a book by Living Languages and now I can read and write arabic letter. I started building my vocabulary and now onto grammar. But when I tried to use it at work my colleagues say they can't understand me because of my accent, I always end up typing what I said in my phone for them to understand and some arabs can be hard in commenting as well. It's like I want to learn this language but it is not letting me in. Pronunciation is really difficult.

Some people have spend their life here but cant communicate in Arabic.
But if you are thinking you will learn this language with the help of Arabs.... WRONG!
don't rely on their Feedback to learn, they don't encourage like we encourage them to learn English.
Stay focused on your goal & keep learning.