9-V Professional VIsa --> Citizenship?

Can you get a citizenship with a 9-V professional VISA after a few years  in the same way that someone getting another type of permanent VISA can do?

I read one post somewhere saying you can't with a 9-V, but I'm skeptical of that.

On this topic, are there any disadvantages over the long run in getting a 9-V VISA over a dependent pensioner visa?

If you follow the rules, you can get citizenship with any residency visa, including the professional one.

wlae84 wrote:

Can you get a citizenship with a 9-V professional VISA after a few years  in the same way that someone getting another type of permanent VISA can do?....

On this topic, are there any disadvantages over the long run in getting a 9-V VISA over a dependent pensioner visa?

The structure of your first question appears to me too convoluted to answer properly.  If it confuses other posters or you don't get sufficient response, you may want to re-word it.  See if it is really necessary to use the phrase "after a few years," which might not be relevant.  The phrase "the same way that someone getting another type of permanent visa can do" is confusing to me;  I don't understand it.

Advantages of a professional visa (over pensioner visa):

1. You don't have to show the Cancilleria your income from home.

2. You don't even need to have a minimum income from home.

You used the word "dependent," which I suspect you mean dependent on certain income.  Careful with this word as it has specific visa-related meaning concerning family "dependents."

cccmedia, investment visa holder, Quito

Here is the thread I referred to in my original post:

http://ecuador-retirement.gringotree.co … ency-visa/

Arne Lipson wrote:
"The V9 does not get you a cedula or residency, but you can stay in country for as long as you want without renewal."

No sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but is this person implying that you can never get a residency or cedula if you get a 9V?

Or,  does it mean something else (such as you don't automatically get a cedula/residency but you can still apply for it down the road)?

wlae84 wrote:

Here is the thread I referred to in my original post:

http://ecuador-retirement.gringotree.co … ency-visa/

Arne Lipson wrote:
"The V9 does not get you a cedula or residency, but you can stay in country for as long as you want without renewal."

No sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but is this person implying that you can never get a residency or cedula if you get a 9V?

Lipson's Gringotree assertion about no residency is undocumented and the source should have been indicated.  Having the right to stay in the country means residency in my opinion.

It is my understanding that you can get a cedula if you have a residency visa, which I believe 9V is.  The caution is that visa rules and procedures are always subject to change, and therefore non-attorney Expat posters cannot be 100 percent reliable.  If you're getting serious about this, you need to be asking-emailing an experienced visa attorney.

cccmedia, investment visa holder, Quito