US Expert departs Brazil after week with Brazil Expert

Well, I am leaving Brazil after 7 days of seeing Brazil from a completely different angle than I did from Manaus. James has been a great guide, help and true friend and it was an honor to meet him in person and have him host me during these days.

I survived Brazil and can honestly say I will be returning without hesitation.

Thank you for everything James and for a life long friendship.

http://www.naiptel.com/IMG_2680.JPG

Matt,

What can I say after a post like this?

Our friendship started through Expat-blog and remained in the virtual world until now. It grew ever closer as we talked over the phone and Skype resolving your issues and more still once you became a member of the Experts Team.

Now I have had the very great honor of meeting you face-to-face and the extreme pleasure of your company in my home for the past week. Our friendship has become a true and lasting one as a result and I know that as soon as you hit the road heading back to Rio that I'm going to miss you terribly.

Thankyou so very much for giving me the opportunity to see Macaé through your eyes and teaching me so many reasons that I had not seen before to enjoy being in this city even more. It has really been a life changing experience all around.

Just remember when you come back the Brazilian saying..... "Minha casa é a sua casa!"

Cheers,
James

good to see a friendship like this...

@usmc_mv
Nice to know you have a smile so perhaps you can change your avatar now.... :whistle:

stumpy wrote:

@usmc_mv
Nice to know you have a smile so perhaps you can change your avatar now.... :whistle:

Wants to be taken seriously, not changing his avatar any time soon. :D

mugtech wrote:

Wants to be taken seriously, not changing his avatar any time soon. :D

Are you hinting that Matt isn't taken seriously now? If so I can assure you that he most certainly is taken QUITE SERIOUSLY here and that the mere fact that he has been selected as a member of the Expat-blog Experts Team is a clear indication of that. The information contained in his postings is not only completely accurate and up-to-date, but also extremely helpful to our members.

If your posting was tongue-in-cheek and meant to be somehow funny I certainly did not see it in that manner. Quite to the contrary.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

wjwoodward wrote:

If your posting was tongue-in-cheek and meant to be somehow funny I certainly did not see it in that manner. Quite to the contrary.

Of course it was a joke, hence the smiling face.
Sorry you did not see it that way, meant no harm, he is always taken seriously

stumpy wrote:

@usmc_mv

Howe dare you suggest that Matt change anything about himself.  Are you trying to be funny?  This is very serious business!!!

Hi from Paris !

Good to see you together Matt & James :) you made my day !

Take care,

Julien

Hi Julien,

We had an absolutely wonderful visit and a life-long friendship has developed out of our online friendship. I'm looking forward to his return which hopefully will be within the next 6 months. My wife and son and I already miss him.

I walked to my little boy's school today to pick him up after classes had ended. I passed a red Fiat Uno (just like in the photo) and a twinge of sadness passed through me like a jolt of electricity, realizing my good buddy was in the air and already more than half way home.

Cheers,
James