Information on getting started in Bahrain

Hi all

I have just moved into the Seef area of Bahrain (last week) after 5 months working/living in Dammam. Previously I was in Dubai and I could do with some specific simple referrals please. Looking for reliable businesses for the following -

Men's hairdresser - where I will not come out looking like I have been attacked by a hedge trimmer or maniac wielding a knife and fork and will still be able to pay my rent

Dry cleaner - for speedy return of nice looking suits and shirts and occasional renovation of food/beer stained ties

Most importantly - for those of you with knowledge of Dubai I need a replacement for Fibbers for weekend rugby watching pleasure in a convivial atmosphere (good beer and food essential). I will visit the rugby club but also want a more central option.

Thanks for any input

Hello and welcome to Bahrain!

I can't help with the dry cleaners, but here's what I do know:

Hairdresser - There's a Toni & Guy in Seef Mall - so very close to you, presumably. Their rates start at 10 dinars for a junior stylist and go up from there. I've had a couple of haircuts there and they're decent enough.

Rugby - Champs in Juffair. They show just about every sport imaginable, have plenty of screens, including a couple of massive ones, and the food and beer is good. There's also a bar in Amwaj at the Dragon Hotel, but that's more expensive and out of your way.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions that don't involve dry cleaners, feel free to reach out.

That's great thanks

Will give Champs a look this weekend

Hi, all hotels near you will have a barber, there is a good one in Fraser Suites (Seef Mall)

For rugby become a member of the rugby club in Saar (Google Bahrain Rugby football club)

For Dry cleaning, Near you there is one in every Mall. I have mine collected though, you could leave them with your reception and have them collected while you are at work. Normally takes 2 days 3992 2553