Quick visit to Bahrain

Me again :)

as this will be my first time outside the airport in Bahrain (transited twice before), what are the absolute must-sees that Bahrain has to offer; i heard about a fort and the tree of life, and hopefully will have a friend along to help me get there, what else should I see?

also, what are the must visit areas where the souks are? like in Kuwait we have an area called Mubarakiya, which is similar to souq waqef in Qatar in that it is the "old souk" and then there's Salmiya which is the main hub in Kuwait.

any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi!

We dont have a souq as big as souq-waqif or the one in Kuwait. we have one in Bal-al-Bahrain we called it the manama souq, it is located near Bahrain financial harbor (opposite) other than that we have The Lagoon (Amwaj island) which has got some cool places to hangout.

We have 3 forts one in Arad fort, Riffa and Bahrain fort (seef area) and Bahrain museum if you like visiting historical places.

Al-areen wildlife park is situation closed to Bahrain International Circuit, btw FIA World Endurance Championship 2014 - 6 Hours of Bahrain happening on 14-15 NOVEMBER 2014.

i am sure others will reply back with some more places of visit!

good luck, enjoy the stay and weather!

T&R
Arjun

Hi

The museum is great
The tree of life is  a tree.......
The forts are lovely
Al Dar Island is good, BD5 boat ride away (need to take passport) Google Al Dar North
The Mosque in Juffair is another great place to visit
Go Karting at the F1 circuit is fun
Coral Bay or Al Bander if you like water sports

And everything already said by Arjun