Moving to Malta & Need Advise: Economic Stability Resident & Insurance

Hello everyone, this place has been a God send so I want to thank everyone who does contribute and help dumbos like myself. I'll keep it short  :D

-I'm a dual citizen of the US & Italy and I was applying under the economic stability residency plan. Is it difficult to do yourself or should I get an attorney? I would appreciate anyone's input on this matter. I do feel comfortable with paperwork, but I don't know if the office is easy to deal with or they make it more fun than it should. If I can avoid spending money on forms I have to fill out anyways I don't see the real benefit unless there are monsters in the office.

-I know you need health insurance when you arrive there and I was wondering what companies people like? What's the typical cost you've experienced?

Thanks everyone!

Hi GettingLost,

I've never heard of the ' economic stability residency plan ' !

At the moment you can either buy a Maltese passport ( and residency) or apply for residency as ' economic self-sufficient  for a limited period.

I'm not sure what you mean so I can't post any real comment.

Cheers
Ricky

Sorry for the late reply but I was away on a really nice cruise holiday -)))

I did mean "economic self-sufficient" and wondered how difficult it is to obtain. The majority of my money is held in a corporation which I can easily show is my corp. I just wondered how difficult it is to get or how easy the office is to work with.

I really appreciate your help.

Hi ,

it is very easy as an Italian citizen.

You just go to the department and register as a resident of Malta.

They will ask you for proof of your sufficient funds and for proof of health insurance. That's all !

No need for any kind of advice.

Cheers
Ricky