King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah

Hi there!

Any girls/ladies out there who work at King Abdulaziz Uni? I have an interview with them this week. Tad excited as I would love to live and work in Jeddah. I would appreciate any kind of info!

Thanks a lot  :)

Your interview is for what designation.

Teaching position (ESL)

Recruitment Unit , Women's Colleges
English Language Institute

Ok. Thanks.

Did you get it?

Hi,

yes, I did. I have also got the job with ESG in Al Khobar. Finding it rather difficult to decide at this point :( King Abdulaziz doesn't provide us with accommodation and we only get a very small accommodation allowance. Still, I think I would enjoy Jeddah more…Do you know anything about the Uni, etc?

Thanks.

Well Ive just got to Jeddah from London at an international school so it is a new experience.

how much is the housing allowance? I have a friend who used to work in kau altho male. He said it was a good place to work, you get to meet a lot of people and a lot of students like to have extra tuition (meaning you can top up your salary privately ). and regardless of the rules, jeddah is more laid back a bit more understanding and Makkah is an hour away (if your muslim)

I don't know much about Al khobar but I do know the positive is that it's next to the motorway to go to Bahrain if you ever want to leave the laws of the land!! And go crazy lol

hi,
Can a 62 years old professor join the university? Is it possible for him to get a fresh iqama in ksa?

No idea.

Hey!

Wow, that's ace! Thanks for such a lovely message by the way :))

You see here is the thing, Al Khobar = good location (yes, I like a little party at the weekend!) and the salary is pretty decent too, in fact ESG offers the best salary I have come across so far.

Jeddah, ah! It is a nice place and I have some connections there. Uni has decent reviews and offers good holiday package. The accommodation freaks me out a bit though. The allowance is only 17,000 SR!
Also, seems like the whole visa process might take a while too and I am so ready to go. As far as the salary goes, they want me to tell them how much I expect!

I am still so undecided, ouch!

Who do you work for btw? Do you live on a compound?

Hope all is going well for you! xx

No problem, my pleasure.

Hmm, to be honest, it depends on all on you and what you like.......got to weigh the pros and cons (Jeddah, you know some people, Khobar, you have Bahrain lol). I don't know, maybe Saudi rules may get to you regarding what you like to do, I'm Arab origin so I know the culture but I know Saudi rules will eventually start getting to me haha!

In terms of salary, ESL, usually I've seen it differ from  8k SAR - 13/14  (however differs on experience) but that is in international schools, however I think uni's are on par or perhaps a bit higher. If you have a good offer from ESG, tell KAU to match it (both salary and accomodation)... the accomodation sounds quite steep, I've been looking at apartments and seen some decent ones for around 40k-50k in decent areas, minimum 2 bedrooms and are massive compared to London properites. 17k I'm not too sure, I didnt really see any nice places for that amount..

Omg, the visa process is.....BAD. I quit my job in September thinking to get here for October but I finally got here in late November. Make sure whatever company you choose deals with an agent which should sort everything out for you (I'm sure they will have an agent on hand).

Don't forget you will need the following:
- Medical report (takes 3 days max for results)
- Attestation of your bachelors by the Saudi Cultural Bureau and then the embassy (takes 4 weeks or so because only one person does it in the embassy lol) however an agency can do this for you
- Contract that is signed and legalised by the chamber of commerce.

I'm working for YIS - international american school at the moment, slowly getting settled in. Haha I wish I lived in a compound, but the waiting lists, however are mad unless your company has a direct link.

If you have any questions or want any advice, you can PM me.....I know how hard the decisions are and the pain of getting the visa lol.

:)

Hi 0090,

Only yesterday I was reading on the newspaper that Ministry of High Education had putting an age limit of 6o years of age for none-Saudi professors working in the Kingdom universities.

are you a direct hire there? - i'm in Taif, although I go to jeddah a lot. I prefer taif because of the weather but I am still willing to consider my options -

You are ze best!  :thanks:

Thanks for all those insightful points girl, much appreciated :)

You seem to know how painful the visa process is, hehe.

So, it looks like you had to find your own accommodation. How long did it take you? are you happy where you are?
I will be going there by myself so a tad worried about finding somewhere quickly, reasonably cheap and decent but I am sure many have done it.

You know, right now I am leaning more towards Al Khobar as in a way, it is much easier. Accommodation provided, decent salary and they are very good at responding and clarifying things. The lady that is dealing with the whole visa thing is away though so I still have time to think about it.

I need to get the employment record, still waiting for that grrrr and fill out a form (King Abdulaziz).Once that is completed and sent off with all the documents required, Jeddah will hopefully give me more info regarding the accommodation, salary, etc.

I think that living in Jeddah would be more enjoyable so I am somehow hoping that there is a way... nevertheless. I just don't want to wait for much longer! All my things are packed in boxes, meyn!

I am so happy for you though!! Hope all is well and you are enjoying the new experience xxx

You will regret going to Al Khobar....they don't have Al Baik.

Milishka wrote:

You are ze best!  :thanks:

Thanks for all those insightful points girl, much appreciated :)

You seem to know how painful the visa process is, hehe.

So, it looks like you had to find your own accommodation. How long did it take you? are you happy where you are?
I will be going there by myself so a tad worried about finding somewhere quickly, reasonably cheap and decent but I am sure many have done it.

You know, right now I am leaning more towards Al Khobar as in a way, it is much easier. Accommodation provided, decent salary and they are very good at responding and clarifying things. The lady that is dealing with the whole visa thing is away though so I still have time to think about it.

I need to get the employment record, still waiting for that grrrr and fill out a form (King Abdulaziz).Once that is completed and sent off with all the documents required, Jeddah will hopefully give me more info regarding the accommodation, salary, etc.

I think that living in Jeddah would be more enjoyable so I am somehow hoping that there is a way... nevertheless. I just don't want to wait for much longer! All my things are packed in boxes, meyn!

I am so happy for you though!! Hope all is well and you are enjoying the new experience xxx

Mili - I second the idea of trying to use your khobar offer with KAUST to get a better package, if usually works in Saudi. For a 17k your chances of getting a decent apartment is near Nil. Living in a compound would minimally start from 45k/ year for a studio or a one Bd, and that is not quite easy to find in Jeddah. I live in a one bd apt in an apt complex with few facilities for 30k/ year, only because I am an old customer there. Whether it's in Alkhobar or Jeddah to get out will depend on the flexibility of having an exit/re-entry visa from your employer.
Good luck in your choices.

lol @ importance of al baik in ksa

dbehary wrote:

Mili - I second the idea of trying to use your khobar offer with KAUST to get a better package, if usually works in Saudi. For a 17k your chances of getting a decent apartment is near Nil. Living in a compound would minimally start from 45k/ year for a studio or a one Bd, and that is not quite easy to find in Jeddah. I live in a one bd apt in an apt complex with few facilities for 30k/ year, only because I am an old customer there. Whether it's in Alkhobar or Jeddah to get out will depend on the flexibility of having an exit/re-entry visa from your employer.

Don't mix up KA(Abdulaziz)U with KA(Abdullah)UST .... they are two different UNI.

hamudi wrote:
dbehary wrote:

Don't mix up KA(Abdulaziz)U with KA(Abdullah)UST .... they are two different UNI.

Ops! Apologies, you're right

And what does that mean??

I'm doing PhD in horticulture sciences through as hec scholar and working experience of 8 yrs in ministries. Want to do academic job in ksa. Some one help me. My husband is doctor having exp of  8 yrs in different hospitals. He also want job there.any one help us to find job

Hi There,

Any advice on cost of rental apartments in Jeddah is appreciated.
What are the neighborhoods near International schools called.
Is it difficult to get a two bedroom apartment in these localities.

Thanks

Depends on Size of the apartment needed and around which international school. ?

Hi guys how long does king abdulaziz university take to respond back do yall know?? For esl position i had my interview like last week :)

As salamalaikum,
I am a mbbs doctor with 5+ experience from India, how much salary they give to a person with my qualification there in jeddah

Ws
You can get a rough idea about the salary scale for a perticular specilization with a amount of experience in hand with salary calculator on Bayt dot com website hope it will help you.

@binte there are plenty of smaller compounds and apartments to rent in Jeddah, many of these you can get under 40k for a 2 bedroom it all depends on what you want and where you want it

You posted this on a wrong thread @Johnnie.

Hi People,
I have been interviewed for King Abdul aziz university jedda. they also send me provisional letter of acceptance. does anyone know what is the next step and how long will it be before i hear from them again?