Would love to retire at Guadalajara, Lake Chapalla Area - your review?

Hi my name is Andrew, I Ieft England in 1979 and after travelling around the USA to every State, and many many stories later, I settled in Kansas City where I had two beautiful daughters and a great ex wife where to this day we have never missed any and all special occasions together to celebrate our great life together.
I have travelled quite a lot in my life and the past few years started visiting Ecuador,Panama, and Dominican Republic, and would now like to visit the Guadalara, Lake Chapalla area and possibly retire there at the ripe old age of 64.
I would really enjoy hearing from anyone that has lived in the area and could possibly give any advice to finding an apartment in the Lake Chapalla And nearby towns. I am looking for something clean and safe but quite simple and at a reasonable budget.
Thank you very much
Andrew.

Hello Andrew and welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that your thread has been moved to the Mexico forum, most precisely on the Jalisco Forum which is the province where Lake Chapalla is found.

Hope you get more response and advices.

Concerning accommodation hunt, you can drop in an advert in our section Housing in Jalisco

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Bonjour cher ami
je suis  merisier president une organisation  je suis a la recherche des partenaires pour des entreprises en Haiti

Merisier   Fritzner
509 38795465

OeDh wrote:

Bonjour cher ami
je suis  merisier president une organisation  je suis a la recherche des partenaires pour des entreprises en Haiti

Merisier   Fritzner
509 38795465

English please as this is an Anglophone forum.
Thanks

Andrew,

I am living in Chapala now and have been here for 6-years.  I suggest you join the weboard called insidelakeside.com

There you will obtain all the info you can handle (plus info you won't like to handle).  It is info on the entire Lake Chapala region from fellow lakesiders!