Coastal Colombia

I am expat from the USA and I am a sixty two year old retired male. I would love any information or guidance concerning cities and moving to the Caribbean coast of Colombia . I live in Ecuador now and am learning Spanish as I go. Any help from Expats that have made the move would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,,Gene

Hi Gene
My name is Douglas miller I live in Savannah, Ga. I am married to a Colombian.
I am retired and we go to Colombia (Bogota)several times a year. We always go to Santa Marta, on the east coast. Get in touch with me and I will let you know what I know about Santa Marta.
Douglas

Hello Gene--

I am married to a Colombian and currently living in Barranquilla. Much less touristy here than in a place like Santa Marta or even Cartagena. But, its still close enough so that if you are interested in that type of lifestyle you can go pretty much as often as you like.

What can I tell you? Obviously, it is a hot, tropical climate here, so get ready for that...has been a little difficult for me getting used to this, but am almost there. Its pretty easy to change money and do everything you need. Not sure what else you would like to know, so just ask.

Take care,
Joe

Thanks for the reply Douglas. I was just wondering,,what expenses are like there. I live in Ecuador now and have an "American style apartment that I pay four hundred a month for. It is only a one bed, but newly remodeled. What can I get something like that for in a good neighborhood?. What about utilities? I have to admit they are cheap here. My housing budget would be eight hundred or less,,preferably a lot less,,LOL. My total budget with my military budget is 2200 a month. Should that be enough to live very comfortably?  Thanks a lot and feel free to write me at   [email protected]
                          Gene

Hi Gene
I can't reach you on the email you sent me. I'm not real good with email. would you email me at [email protected] then I can return your email

Douglas