Buy a holiday home in hungary????

Hi myself and my wife are looking for a country to buy a holiday home. I keep coming back to Hungary. Can anyone recommend the best websites to search for properties?

Is Budapest the best? Or is it worth looking out towards the country? Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen

Either Budapest anytime or Balaton during the season would be OK.  Depends on what you really want. I wouldn't bother much about other places too much.

Numerous web sites exist. Hungarian word for real estate is: "ingatlan".  Google that and you shall find plenty of choice but you'll need to brush up on your Hungarian real estate terminology/vocabulary. Hardly any of them are in English.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I do like the look of Balaton, I've Budapest lots of times and it's a great city. I've tried ingatlan.com which is quite good, I would want something reasonably priced and not too far from centre so was thinking of district 7? Or maybe 8? What's your thoughts, do you live in hungary?

Sorry that's realestatehungary.hu

I can help you in finding the house among Hungarian websites which are in Hungarian language, dealing with the owner on your behalf and introduce you a good lawyer to complete the purchase.

Shay1888 wrote:

Hi myself and my wife are looking for a country to buy a holiday home.

Consider Croatia. Especially if wanting to buy, and will only holiday at your house part of the year. Better options for high income seasonal renting out to others, especially if you buy near the coast, than in say Budapest.

Don't get me wrong. I very much like *living* in Hungary. But even Hungarians I know (and who can afford it) go on holiday to Croatia.

A little late to the party, but it really depends on the kind of holiday you enjoy the most?
Budapest has a huge party-quarter if you want nightlife, or get a small cottage way out in the woods for the exact opposite.
There is one more area I have not seen mentioned in this thread:
Hot spring and spas. The most popular places are of course pretty expensive, but I consider it more justified than Budapest :-)

Hi Stephen

Myself Kundan sharma, I have a nice family house for urgent sale as I am living this country. Buildup area is 110 sqm with total area of 1030 sqm. Big living room with 2 half room. 3 bedroom. Spacious kitchen.2  toilet, garage, cellar plus storage room in behind part of garden. If interested please mail me on [email protected] or call me +36306338915.  Its near to airport and just 15-20 min from Budapest. Thanks

Oh sorry I forgot to mention . I have another property in hajduszoboszlo the thermal bath city. It is totally new property with 6 bedrooms

I use OLX in addition to the listings on Dunahouse dh.hu  and technocasa.  ronald

Try keeling.hu. They have more properties than they advertise and they provide an all-round service.

Anna

We bought in Jákfa,  a very pleasant village between the spa towns of Sarvar & Bük .... We loved it so much, we now live here full time 😀
Friends just bought an house up the road for 2.5million ft !! Beat that in Budapest or Balaton 😳

Angolhapsi wrote:

2.5million ft !! Beat that in Budapest or Balaton 😳

Many factors to consider here. Price is just one.

Also have to consider lifestyle. I do think that north-western Hungary is overlooked as a destination. For example, it is near Austria, which provides international shopping options, and If one likes to ski the Alps are closer. But it is rural and more isolated, making having a car more a necessity. And one would have to consider if having a car in Hungary (or the long driving to Hungary) is a worth while if one is only interested in the property as a holiday site (i.e. one may just want to walk to a beach each day and chill out). It all depends on what someone wants/expects from a holiday property. And I suspect that can be quite variable for each person.