Obtaining 13a spousal Visa

As a couple who  have  gone  through the 13a visa process in Los Angeles PH consulate, my wife and I have  some information to share that may benefit others trying to accomplish the same.

Arrive early at 3600 Wilshire Boulevard where Ph consulate is located.

One  can park across the street at the St. Basil Catholic Church parking lot for $6  a day.  Arrive early. We arrived  at 5:30 am. The parking lot attendant arrived at 6 am.  He then collected $6 /car for parking.  He then gave us a parking stub.

The consulate is on the 5th Floor.  Take the lift/elevator.

The website is ambiguous and contradictory in some areas of information.  So, through our experience we hope to clarify a few things:

You need to have the spousal  letter notarized. You can get it notarized by the notary down the hall near the consular services area.  Notary fee is $25/page.  Photocopies can also be procured for 50 cents/page  in a different room  close by.

You need the original and 2 photocopies of all documents required.  Make sure the originals are with you including two (2)  photocopies  of both your birth certificates and   passports.

The photos ( 4)  of 2x 2  pictures    that you bring for the 13a visa maybe placed  at the discretion of the Evaluation Assistant or Officer at Window 10. So, don't paste the photos, either staple or put those in a small clear plastic bag with the rest of the documents.

There is an advantage if you speak Tagalog.  There is also an advantage if both parties are present.
As for police clearances, state or local are recognized.  FBI clearance  may also be good, but was not imperative in my  case.

If you bring a 14 " x 17" X-ray as required you will be asked to buy an envelope as a means  to return your documents and passport. There is a United States  post office one block from the PH Consulate. The post office is located at the corner of  Harvard St., one block from the Ph consulate. The cost of a 14 1/2" X 20" will be determined by weight of the documents,  and the cost for the 2-3 days service is about $6.

13a visa processing fee is $150, either cash or money order.  It is advisable to bring ample change in $1 and $5 for photocopies, notary, etc.

Next to the Catholic church parking lot, about 100 meters from the consulate is  JJ Grand Hotel. Anyone staying the night may want to inquire about lodging and rates.

The service was generally good. The consulate can be very busy.  So, again. BE THERE EARLY. 
We got there at 7:30 am.  We were first in the line.  Window 10 opens at 9 am.  Our process time took about one and half hours.

In a normal situation, your 13a visa will be released in 3 to 6 days, except if it needs DFA Manila approval.

Good luck!

Excellent information.  The only other item that may be required is police clearance from any country where anyone lived for two years or more.  It took us an extra 60 days because fingerprints were sent to Hong Kong and 30 days later my wife was informed the prints were smudged, please send another set.