Living in Accra...two questions!

Hello all,

Many thanks in anticipation of replies. I have two questions:

First, I have just switched from bottled water to sachet water as it is cheaper. Is this wise? Are there any brands of sachet water which are definitely safe/reliable? Having read up on it I'm considering switching back to voltic bottled, but I'm here for another 6 months and this will get expensive!

Second, is there anywhere I can buy sunscreen? Its very difficult to find!

Thank you,

Sioned

definitely too expensive to live on bottled water for the rest of your stay. I recommend standard water and everpure  as very good sachet water. hope you enjoy your stay. as for sunscreen, Accra Mall should definitely help.

I personally wouldn't use sachet water although I am sure there are some brands which are from a reliable source. When you boil a kettle why not boil more water than you need for a cup and then when the extra has cooled bottle it for drinking? Before we came we invested in a water filter and that has saved us money in the long run.

I've been in Ghana for nearly 3 years and I use sachet water only for cooking. I agree with hkann that it would be safe if you boil it for drinking.

As for sunscreen, yes, it is extraordinary hard to find in Ghana. I have recently bought one in the pharmacy in Marina Mall although I am not that familiar with the brand. Or else, you can try Koala, the pharmacy in Accra mall, and Game.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for your replies! I'm now boiling water to drink and so far so good.

All the best :)