Marrying

Hi everyone im new to the site and need some advice i fly to egypt thursday and im planning on marrying my egyptian boyfriend what do i need to do and also i have my flights booked for 11 day stay if i want to stay longer due to paper work for marriage would i need a visa

I dont think 11 days is enough time , you have to apply at the British Embassy for permission to marry which i think they only accept applications one day a week and issue them on the same day the following week so depending what day you arrive you may or may not have enough time to do that and  get married enjoy some time together before you leave . You will get a 30 day visa at the airport for $25 US dollars so the visa wont be a problem

Ok well its not a problem for me to stay longer i suppose i arrive thursday night 13th november and read so much about paper work can you maybe break it down on what i need to do also rough costs

i am sorry all my information is 10 years old from when i married , i know if you search this site you will find much more current information to help you . Its not hard to marry there  its just frustrating as nothing in Egypt gets done as quickly or as easily as we are used too .

hi ... It is very easy to do some actions in this regard..

but you must know some of the finer details ... First, you must go to the embassy to extract some important certifications .
Required certificates from the embassy:
Religion certificate to prove whether Christianity or Judaism or Islam
A certificate stating that there is no objection from your country in the marriage of your boy friend.

After completing the required paperwork and procedures you should to go to the Ministry of Justice, located in Lazoghli Square in Cairo
( The Office marriage of Foreigners  - the fourth floor)
And are all the remaining measures in this Office.
Note must exist for the purpose of establishing the existence of non-tourism .

this information because the husband of my sister is foreign and I hope it is helpful , if I found any more information again I will let you know .

Best s to check the website of your embassy in Egypt. You will find all information needed plus cost.
Best of luck!

Caty

Are you arriving in sharm? If you are you need to get the visa at the airport then you need to go to el Tur to get a visa of at least 6 months. Without the 6 month or longer visa you cant get married. If you are British it is no problem to get the visa you just have to fill in some paperwork and go back in 2days and you will get the visa. Not sure where it is in cairo you have to go to get the visa.
You need to go to the British embassy with your partner and fill in more paperwork and pay fees then they will tell you to come back another day for an interview. We got all the paperwork after the interview but sometimes you have to wait a day or so.
You then need to go to a government hospital to get blood tests. A little tip to the nurse will hurry up your results. They stamped our paperwork without seeing the results.
You then need to get some stamp from the post office. Then go to the place beside tahrir to finish it all.
Long process but will be worth it in the end
Oh and if you are planning to try for a British visa you need to get your marriage documents translated and go back to the British embassy to register it.

And this is all legal in england as in its recognised

didnt know about an interview.  what type of interview do they give and do they do the same at the american embassy

Yes as long as you go back to embassy with a translated copy it will all be legal on Britain but the embassy will keep you right with it all and they give you a list of the official translators.

I GOT MARRIED ON 15 OCTOBER 2014 IN TWO DAYS :D

Expect some blood sweat and a lot of running around! I'd so had enough but it was all worth it

If you want to know every detail inbox me and I'll send you all the info.

Ps my visa was only 3 months and I was still married.

How much was it to get married after you pay for the declaration to allow you to be married im aware that 1500 egyption but whats the cost of the rest

Hi,

Your boyfriend will know what to do. The first thing to say is don't forget your birth certificate as you will need it. You will have to go to the British Embassy to get permission to marry and they can advise you on everything you will need to do.

I know the process is hectic and it's worse now than when I married my Egyptian husband 7 years ago.

Good luck and I hope you have a lovely life together.

P's We got married in 6 days so it is possible. If you can get a solicitor it will speed things up, that's what we did and everything went wonderfully smooth.

my dear,
Please listen to my personal advise.
No matter how good you know your future husband, PLEASE, PLEASE try to stick first ONLY to the Egyptian marriage.
Don't go further to British marriage now.

If you decided to do this step, do only the Egyptian one and after 1 year or more, after you saw him on different situations, saw his family, saw his habbits, his plans for future, then you go forward.
If there was anybody giving me this advise few years ago, maybe i wouldn't have listened my heart and feelings. In front they tell you how much they care and love you and in the back, they have different plans, some of them already married with Egyptian women and even having kids. Most of the cases are interested into UK or Germany passport, to see the papers into their hands and then they leave you in the middle of the street, with empty wallets.

Just be careful and do only the Egyptian papers until you will be 100% of his character,

God bless you,
Simone

Not all Egyptian men are this way. I know of many successful marriages so please don't believe all the bad things people will tell you. No marriage is guaranteed to be a success whether to an Egyptian or any other culture. Only you know the man you are going to marry and if you don't trust him now you never will. So go ahead get married and I,  for one, wish you well for your future.

Im getting marred in Feb. You need to contact the British embassy in Cairo and book an appointment online. They said the declaration will be issued same day. Its open sun-thur so i booked for sunday to be married by thursday. You only need your passport and your partner his I.D + divorce papers (if married before). There is a comprehensive list on what to do on their website. Im now in the process of legalising my baptism certificate in the UK as i heard i will need proof of religion. Anyone know if thats correct? Good luck

Hi I am not from UK but Australia. I had to have all my papers stamped (eg. Birth certificate divorce papers and marriage certificate from my first husband also a stat declaration proving I had no other spouse from the Australian registers office. All these had to be authenticated from the Australian Immigration Dept. once in Cairo we had to take all my papers to the AUstralian Embassy and have them authenticated again for Egypt. We only had to wait one day
We then went to the Justice Dept filled out the appropriate papers. Had to have a mother passport photo taken of each of us to take to the the hospital for blood test  we then both were interview by the doctor. After this we had to take my passport to the immigration and they staped with tempory resident until we were married
The process took about about one week all up. After we had our marriage certificate which took about 2 weeks I had them translated to English for the the future
The process is quite different to Australian ways but the experience was worth it as we often talk about it with our friends and laugh about how stressed we were at the time
Good Luck to you and your new husband

I did not need any proof of religion.  They asked what religion I was and I told them and that was all. I did not have to prove anything, but that was 7 years ago now so things may have changed so it would not hurt to take proof. Good luck and I hope you have a happy life together.

Hi, can you tell us how easy was it to get there and get married ...any feed back ? am going to get married there next month

Hi  in response to your question about marriage in Egypt. You need to bring  all yor personal papers  birth certificate, previous marriage and divorce etc. my advice is to get married in London before you come to Egypt. It will be a lot easier!

you just don't know how much i appreciate your response  :):D:thanks:

am British but she is an Egyptian national

do you know as to why they would need my birth certificate if i have a full current passport

am only left with a few days before i fly

is there a way out of this ''Birth certificate'' thing ??

Hi, can you tell us how easy was it to get there and get married ...any feed back ? am going to get married there next month

Hi I married my Egyptian husband 8 years ago in Cairo and it was very easy. There is no way you can do it without all the paperwork but once you have all that it's so easy. We did everything in 6 days and that included getting the marriage certificate translated. We did use a solicitor and I am glad we did because we had no problems at all.  Congratulations and I hope your very happy together!!

Sorry I am not sure how you would go about it  I can only tell you about what information they asked of me. as I said they wanted. Original birth certificate  previous divorced papers if divorced and authenticated single status certificate. All these papers had to be authenticated by my immigration dept in Australia. Once here they then had to be authenticated again by the Australian Consulate here in Egypt
The same papers regarding my husband Who is Egyptian also had to be produced at the time of the marriage. One more thing. I had to have my passport stamped for temporary residential.  Once married I was able to get full residency visa
Again I have read many other messages regarding marriage and what is needed. I can once again say this is what I had to produce

Great....this really helps

will be in Cairo next week in sha Allah

pray for us :)

appreciate your time so much am more confident now

Hi I am looking to get married in Cairo on 28th April I have made an appointment with embassy in Cairo just don't know what it all involves or what I have to do and how expensive it is really wondering. If you could give me any advice please.

Good luck and everlsting happiness

Hey everyone.

I married my husband last October. In Cairo. You can get everything done in no more than three days as long as you have tips at the ready.

-You need passports/ ID card
- visa for 3/6 months for tourist purposes which you can get from the gov building in Cairo that takes one day with a tip
- stamp from the post office it was red and had a 5 on it if that helps
- medical certificates for both husband and wife also done in 1 hour with tip
- lots of passport pictures and copies of passports they ask for a copy everywhere you go.

I think that was it. Then after you have gone to British embassy you will then go too mostly of foreign affairs and ministry of justice which we done all three in one day. I would suggest getting a morning appointment at embassy to get these done.

If you need any more info message me on my email [email protected] because I don't go on here very much x

P.s I think we spent around £400 which included hotel, visits to pyramids, personal taxi for two days etc. we was in Cairo for 4 days and this is all we took