Obtaining a visa in Ecuador

Hi, me and my brother have recently moved to Ecuador on the 180 days tourist visa. We would like to start a buisness here and are looking into possibilities of getting the resident visa which is required. We were wondering if anybody here already went through the process and can help us find out what are our best options. We heard there  is a possibility of investing 25k in the bank and getting 10%yearly but we can not find this way on the Ecuadorean official embassy site. Also the cooperation visa seems appealing but we don't fully understand how it works..

If anyone can give us some advises  we would highly appriciate and promise a free coffee on your visit to our magical place!

Roeyklein wrote:

Hi, me and my brother have recently moved to Ecuador on the 180 days tourist visa....the cooperation visa seems appealing but we don't fully understand how it works.

It's likely you mean "corporation visa," not cooperation visa.

Anyway, the government of Ecuador's Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Visa Information page has now been translated to English (if you choose the language option) at cancilleria.gob.ec

Roeyklein wrote:

me and my brother...would like to start a business here and are looking into possibilities of getting the resident visa which is required. We heard there  is a possibility of investing 25k in the bank and getting 10% yearly....

If any party offers you ten percent, make sure your money is insured.  It will probably not be a bank as the banks here have historically offered much lower returns.  Cuenca Expats on this blog can probably offer a cautionary tale about investments in a "coopera" there.

cccmedia, Quito