Brazil visa

Hi
I am holding a Canadian Passport and I am going to Brazil for vacation on May 2015, If i am applying a Tourist visa now, how long does the Visa valid for? Is it from the day of issue or from the day of the entry to Brazil.

Thanks

Karl

Hi Karl a Brazilian VITUR Tourist Visa, for Canadians, is valid for a period of FIVE years from the date of issue. Make sure that when you apply that you specify a "multiple entry" visa, that will allow you to come and go as you please with only a 180 day per (rolling) year limit.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks William

is there a price different for 1 entry and multiple entry, as we don't think we will go  to Brazil again in 5 years.

If we go on May 2015, do we have to apply the visa now, or wait for a few months later. How long does it take to get the visa.

Thanks very much
Karl

I don't know if their is a difference in price, if there is it would be minimal and worth having anyway. For example if while in Brazil you wanted to take a short visit to one of the neighboring countries, you would not be able to do so and re-enter Brazil otherwise. A single entry visa is almost unheard of here.

Thanks William

you have stay of 90 days, but I will tell you checking for correct ok