Housing

my husband wil be going to jubail to work with sabic he wil first stay in a hotel for the meantime til he can find a house for us to stay i wil be following in 2 weeks time, if anyone can help us to fine a house in a western compound can anyone tell me what are the western compounds in jubail maybe i can search online.

Hello, It was nice to hear you are going to join SABiC. I am in the negotiation stage and should be wrapping up soon, I hope. Don't SABiC assign a realtor to help you finding a housing? The reason I am asking is that I am not sure whether to take a provided housing or take an allowance. If you don't mind may I ask what job are you going to be doing.....Regards.

hi swamp man,
in the contract we get housing alowance but if they arrange realtor that would be great i dont hav any idea,I heard there is a long waiting list for housing we know more when he gets there.when are u moving to jubail my husband is analytical chemist, would be great to meet u there, are you a family man too

Hey,

Yes,  I'm a family man and I hope we get to meet your family too. I will join SABIC as Instrument engineer expert in  Al Jubail. I asked the blog an opinion that Should I choose the provided  housing or the allowance the most answer was to choose the housing because less hazel.

Hi,
Looking forward to meet u guys, are u moving all together with your family or you have to settle first coz thats what we are told thats why my husband has to move in first and after two weeks i can follow. but anyway I wil introduce you to my man and you can talk and have more ideas hopefully he is goingto jubail first week of december.

Hi

I am René and I am going to join Sabic soon as Analytical Scientist. I have all the paper work behind me and got my visum yesterday. Now I am finishing my contract here first.
As was told to me there will be an arrangement that houses are offered to me. It was not said that we have to take the hoiuse. There will be an allowance as is for everybody expat. I am from the Netherlands and it is nice of all of you that you replied to my wife's message. We together have 8 grown up kids and none of them will join us. It is an exiting last few weeks of working here and I am looking forward going to Jubail and start a new carreer.
See you soon.

Hello, reading through your posts I guess You must have settled down in Jubail already. My husband and I are soon moving there from Egypt.

I would appreciate if you can give me an idea how life is there for woman in terms of freedom and clothing. I'm christian come from Georgia and used to active social life. Would like to know if it is possible in Jubail.

Also would be great if you can tell me approximate monthly cost of living and accomodation.
Hope you are enjoying your life there ☺
Best always
Sophie