Driving in Muscat with International driving license

My son age 21 is having international driving license from India, he is having family visa status in Oman(not visit visa). Can he drive in Oman by hiring a vehicle?

Yes, your son can rent a car and drive in Oman.

But only for a limited period of time.

His visa status is immaterial, as long as it is a valid visa.

Thanks, but ROP site says that one can drive on International driving license only on visit visa

tripta wrote:

Thanks, but ROP site says that one can drive on International driving license only on visit visa

Partially correct.

Since the validity period for driving around with an international license is limited, one cannot continue for long with that arrangement.

Thanks a lot for your kind advice. best regards.

I got my learning license Muscat Oman , but I have a Indian license also which is 4 year old ... But during my learning license I dint know that we should attest it first then to get LL .... Now can I get it attested & get exclusion for slope & drum test ... Kindly advise

Adarsh Shettigar wrote:

I got my learning license Muscat Oman , but I have a Indian license also which is 4 year old ... But during my learning license I dint know that we should attest it first then to get LL .... Now can I get it attested & get exclusion for slope & drum test ... Kindly advise

Hi Adarsh Shettigar,

Ideally your trainer must have informed you of this benefit. Else, some of your colleagues / friends should have told you about this rule - before the ROP issued you your little blue book.

Now, to get it amended might be a hassle. But in any case go to the ROP and give it a serious try. Take your trainer along with you to explain it to the cops.

Skipping Drums and Slope will save you a lot of bother really.

Good luck.

I having international driving license from Pakistan, I having family visa status in Oman(not visit visa). Can he drive in Oman by own a vehicle?

rehanalikhan wrote:

I having international driving license from Pakistan, I having family visa status in Oman(not visit visa). Can he drive in Oman by own a vehicle?

Hi rehanalikhan,

Okay, so you have an international driving licence, and you have a family visa status.

Now who is the "he" you are inquiring about ?!?