POOL FOR POOR

Hi, This is Asim from Pakistan Karachi. Living in Oman for last 15yrs.

Our life and our society have given us lot more i think we shall return back some in kind to society in shap of helping others not only financially but in wider sense of supporting each other

I wish if we can start someting that could lead to the generous help of need pakistani ppl in Oman or at larger context for all nationalities. Lets chalk down ideas and discuss what we can do together....

Ma salama
Asim

Hello Asim,

Pakistani is a nation of people who have great hearts when it comes to helping others. Unfortunately our leadership, ministers, embassies and government officers are corrupt and greedy.

Your sincere attempts to pool  any money to be spent on poor or needy will be looked at with a lot of suspicion and mistrust which can not be blamed as 95 % of such schemes turn out to be scams.

It does not mean that we stop worrying about other human being, I suggest we take the following steps:

1) Work under the umbrella of an already established group eg EDHI Trust and Ansar Burney in Pakistan, get the legal requirements straightened out for collection of funds.

2) A lot of Pakistanis are in middle east Jails , lot of women and kids are stuck in different cities, I personally know 5 Pakistanis whose passports were stolen and they are in Riyadh jail for more than a year waiting to be deported. Small groups of Pakistanis can pool their resources together, hire legal services  , pay fines and penalties and help them return to Pakistan. This does not require rocket science   :one

Appreciate ur suggestion and you r right its a matter of trust. The idea of helping was not confined to financials support only but any sort of helf one can render to needy like teaching, providing ration for a week etc.
I m in touch with like mind ppl and trying to find some mechnisim built on mutual trust and confidence. We should not (as i believe) cry for leader minister govt embassy, we have to do our part. if we keep crying we will never do any thing and time will pass.

Anyhow nice to read your ideas and once again thanks