Veliko Turnovo or Yambol ?

Hi

Me and my partner are moving to Bulgaria in March.We found houses we like in both Veliko Turnovo and Yambol area but we can not decide which area to go for.Any information about both areas i.e weather,population break down,access to airports,English speaking contractors etc ,will be appreciated

Thanks.

Hi just read your mail, Veliko is more central to bulgaria it has good access to the capital Sofia and down towards Bansko & Borevets for ski resorts takes around 3-4 hours and across to the black sea coast, there is a lot of history with Veliko, I visited Arbanasi and Lovech this April which are quite near they are nice places to visit, Lovech the village of lilac was interesting like a hamlet village with babbling water castle walls with local mehena restaurants, but with a modern town centre too, Arbanasi again has a medieval feel to it, with little bars and shops to browse. I hired a car from Sofia airport and drove down from Sofia to Bansko staying there for 4 nights then across to VT via Plodiv the roads and motorways are good to drive on, the traffic is quite steady often sparse in rural area's be wary of radar alerts though, I have a place around 40 miles from VT heading towards Ruse, there is a new route flying from Liverpool to Bucharest which although is Romania is near 2.5 hours quicker they also fly in from Luton, and Dublin the compant is called blue air, it may be an alternative to flying in to Sofia, although it is a great airport considering it's the busiest it's easy to get to and from, I have drove from there about 6 times now to get to my place, I can't comment on Yambol as I've not been, but I am sure you'll get more advice? regards Steve.

Thank you Steve:)

I vote Veliko Tarnovo BUT: Only in South!

Hello Roka ,

All over Bg it's beautiful . Best is to look around before buying . The weather is good all ove the country .  Sometimes 40 degrees in august . Yambol or V.T ? for me the second one . For more information you can always mail me .
                                                           Welcome in Bulgaria ,
                                                           Axinia

Yes, I agree, VT gets my vote anytime.
Halfway house between Varna and Sofia and plenty of culture.

Hi! I live in the village of Kabile which is about 6KM from Yambol. The population of the village is approximately 1500, having 2 bars and 3 shops. Yambol has a population of around 80k and has a variety of restaurants, bars and shops and there are also numerous hotels. Burgas airport is 100km away and Sofia is around 300km. There are many english speaking tradesmen available so you should have no difficulty in that respect. I would recommend that you seek a village property and ensure that it is close to the city for access to the facilities offered, eg doctors, hospitals and dentists, etc. Look forward to seeing you in Bulgaria.

VT got my preference too

It really depends what you want from the area. My vote is for VT area as that is where I am and I don't know Varna so can't comment. We are, as someone said, central and have everything you need for day to day living, and are close to spectacular scenery, but actually live in a rural village close to a main road so easily accessible in winter, with shops, bars, bakery, post office, chemist etc so if you don't want to go out to town there is no problem.

However, if you need an airport close this is not for you, we are about the same dstance from all the major airports.

Sara Brunger. the 2 areas information was required on were VT and Yambol - not VT and Varna.

Sorry, no idea about Yambol either, can only comment on our area.

Thank you all for your posts!
Bulgaria is beautiful country and we are still looking for our perfect place to call home.
I fell in love with a house in Targovishte area in a village called Vabel,so any feedback on that area and the village would be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance :top:

after looking for months online , im currently in Bulgaria looking at property . VT gets my vote , although i havent been to Yambol so i dont know how much my opinion counts .

@jwalls9 Hello and welcome !

This thread is from 2014 and most of the participants are no longer active. I suggest that you participate on recent threads of the Bulgaria forum to interact with active members.

All the best

Bhavna