Driving licences motor cycle - Age limit is it 65YO?

Police stop me. I m 76 YO. They say max age is 65 and further neither my Thai nor Australian licences are acceptable. Comments please - is their an age 65 limit?

mr snip wrote:

Police stop me. I m 76 YO. They say max age is 65 and further neither my Thai nor Australian licences are acceptable. Comments please - is their an age 65 limit?

I think what they are trying to tell you is that you must get a Cambodian licence. A quick Google search found out that you have to get a Cambodian licence. Could not find any reference to an age limit but perhaps if you Google it yourself and have a good look.

Thanks man. I dont get any complete joy fr internet. Even ph calls the Oz n U S embassies were no help.

There is only one solution, go to the next driving school, negotiate a deal how best you can get a license and get it, that is the best way out of it. It's not expensive but you will have some freedom of movements. You might still get stopped and questioned but at a lesser degree.

(Moderated: inappropriate comment )

You can go to a reliable travel agent to help you apply for a Cambodian DL. You don't need to take a new driving test, although that has some advantages (such as not needing to renew you DL annually).

If police stops you, they will always find something to hold against you (age limit I've not heard about yet, but it fits in line with what I've experienced so far). Just offer them 10,000 Riel, and they will let you go. Don't start arguing with them, but put on your biggest smile, apologize, and hand them the money. That's unfortunately how it is...

I thought for a scooter 125cc or less no license required?

I am in the process of getting a Cambodian drivers license at:

Lucky Lucky Motorcycles Shop
No. 413Eo, Preah Monivong (St. 93),
12258 Phnom Penh, Preah Monivong Blvd
Phnom Penh

Required:  Passport, visa, real driver's license (in my case from California) a small picture (available near from a memory chip) and the cost is $53.

Good luck

For the license at Lucky Moto

5 pictures
1 copy passport
1 copy Cambodian visa
1 real driver's license

$53
Takes 1 month for license
Driver's license returned in 3 days

It is a good idea to pay the extra money and get a 5 year licence.