Is it safe for an American to live in Egypt

I plan on moving myself and children there hopefully by February.  Will it still be safe there for me and the kids.  Are schools safe.  I am quite worried.

no one can tell you must try by ur self .. or u can ask the foreigners here they would tell how they feel ,, ignore what ur media blah blah ,, they wont tell the truth

I think you'll be ok

sure it is safe u r welcome

Aw, how I love these answers like "sure, its safe"...

Your sense of safety will depend on a lot of things. Where are you going to live, where your kids are going to school, are you going to work and where, are you going to live alone or with an egyptian husband...
The way to school for example is not very safe, last week we had two major accidents involving school kids and students. Accidents are killer number one in Egypt, no terrorist can kill this number of people every.single.day! I personally wouldnt like to send my kids to school via Ring road for example...

Caty

Nah not safe at all

Here is a November 8 report by Betsy Hiel, a journalist:

Just days before Halloween, the U.S. Embassy emailed a security alert to Americans in Egypt.

You may also track her tweets here

do not worry  you will be fine and our ppl is kind and very generous  just my advice is not to watch the CNN and el jezzera channels and you will be fine :)) i were there at USA before i and i learned there all my flight courses and also i visited 8 states and i know how is the safety at night at USA :) so i think here is more better :)