Looking for a climbing partner

Hi everyone,

My name is Sophie and I moved to Budapest a couple of months ago for work.  I used to go rock climbing a lot back in England but haven't found anyone to go with here.  If you are a climber with a bit of experience it would be great if you could get in touch.  It would also be nice to meet a few more people in general, it's not the easiest moving to a new country!

Hope to hear from you soon :)
Sophie

Hello Sophie and welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to drop in an advert in our section Sport partners in Budapest.

This might help :)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Sophie,

my husband and I are climbing for a year, if you are still looking for climbing partner(s), I am happy to show you the climbing gyms we go to. Drop me a message if you are interested! Also I enjoy cooking and eating out, in case I am turn out to be not experienced enough for your as a climbing partner:)

Cheers,

Lilla

Hi Sophie,

My name is Kevin, and I also recently moved here (got here in August). I've been climbing for about 6 years, but have gotten relatively weak from not climbing much! If you're still interested/needing a partner, I'm still looking for one too. Let me know!

Kevin

Hi Sophie,

Would love to offer my (free) belaying services, yet we have moved to halfway between Vienna and Budapest thus not too often in the city, nor enough time to climb (having 2 kindergarten devils at home).

Yet, I have an easy recipe for you to pick up climbing friends (at least that's how I befriended with quite some foreign climbers in Hungary or in France for instance):

Step 1 - Here's a compilation to start you off on where to go: http://list.ly/list/Dri-indoor-climbing … n-budapest just go down and climb in one of the places. Spider and Monkey Boulder are probably the best and most accessible (for bouldering) and Big Wall (yes for longer routes).
Step 2 - ask somebody to spot/belay you (this is a psycho trick already to get them like you)
Step 3 - if still not having enough friends to go on a weekend or one day climbing trip the next week to a nearby spot then simply repeat Step 1-2 till you get there.

Excelsior,

Dez

Then

hey if ur stil interested and stil looking ( or anyone else lookimg for a climbing partner)  i have a bit of experiance in indoor climbing  its one of my fave sports and havent had anyone to climb with since i moved to hungary