Canadian living in Tehuacan English Teacher

I am a Canadian English teacher living in Tehuacan. I  am looking for a new placement for January 2015. I would prefer a city comparable to Tehuacan. Any suggestions.

Maybe. Have you considered Coatepec? Close, about the same size, I think, with a few opportunities for teachers. Depends on what else you like to do.

Thanks Babs.  I will look into Coatapec. I have a job offer for Istanbul and I have to make a decision soon. I'm torn. I really like Mexico,  Thanks for the quick reply.

Of course, if I were offered Turkey, I'd be gone already! Except it's a bit dangerous right now.

What's neat about Coatepec is that it's not a big city, but close enough to Xalapa so we don't have to go far for big city amenities--great museum, symphony, shopping, and like that.

Coffee and orchids grow in the area. If you have specific questions, ask.

Babs

Are there any language schools in the city. I think San Luis Potosi. I am weighing the pros and cons of San Luis and Istanbul and will make a decision tomorrow. Thanks for the info, Coatepec sounds much closer to what I want.
Michelle

For me, San Luis Potosi would be too big, and too high as well.  6,000 feet! Coatepec is 4,000 and the climate is just right, even a little cool in winter. There is at least one language school here, and probably a couple more in Xalapa, a short commute away. As I said before, depends on what you are looking for and what you like to do. On the other hand, Istanbul-----  :)

Hi Babs:  Just to let you know I accepted the position in Istanbul. Everyone I talked to saw it as a once in a lifetime opportunity for a whole new experience. So if everything goes well I'll be teaching English in Istanbul in January. Thanks again for all your help. So ...Istanbul!!!!

Yay! So glad you chose Istanbul! Always wanted to go there, might get to yet. Spent 4+ years in Ethiopia in the 1970s and will never either forget or regret. Enjoy!