Finding the richest familys in the DR how can I get a list or market

how to locate the wealthy . can i find them on the internet open government records or just palin old network marketing;
its seems there is only 2 degreese of seperation in the DR evrybody knows some one who is rich and powerfull

And you want this info why?

Some of the richest families are:
Leon
Hache
Jiminez
Brugal

there are lots more

Bob K

to market my entertainment services
I provide clowns and costume caractors for childrens partys .
and Music American Jazz, Classic rock,R&B,Soul ,Country,Motown for adults
I sing and play piano and harmonica i am self contained all I need is an electrical outlet as my piano is perprogramed with bass and drums sounding like a trio or not.

As a rule they dont want to know you, they use the people they already know.  Getting access takes a lot if time and patience.  You wont have access without cultivating contacts LONGTERM.

if you know people who know these people does it take less time  or mait it be relitivly fast if youre freind knows them well

jazzsingerny wrote:

how to locate the wealthy . can i find them on the internet open government records or just palin old network marketing;
its seems there is only 2 degreese of seperation in the DR evrybody knows some one who is rich and powerfull

Sorry, but your profile is a bit confusing. It states that you're in New York, but you come from the DR, is that correct? If this is so, then you clearly don't know much about the culture and mindset of Latin Americans and especially the rich ones.

All interpersonal relationships, but especially business relationships, for Latin Americans are built on trust, friendship and loyalty. They're like this everywhere, in the DR, Mexico, Brazil and anywhere else you care to choose. They prefer to do business only with people they know well and trust. They are also not likely to take kindly to the all too American habit of annoying "cold calls" or other prospecting methods. I'd strongly recommend that you find some other less intrusive means of divulging your business and letting the customers come to you as opposed to an "in your face" marketing approach that you invision working outside the USA.

Like the old saying goes.... Build a better mousetrap and they'll beat a path to your door. It holds especially true in Latin American countries. Touting your product or service like a huckster won't fly in Lat-Am, no way!

Well said!!!!

I am a new yorker who fell in love with the DR. so i realy dont know the business culture.
As a self contained singerpiano payer playing American jazz and other styles of American music how would you sugest i  start out with my music 9 in tourest venues? as for the childrens entertainment business ant sugestions there /
i would greatly apreashiate it

I'M UNIVERSITY EDUCATED &  STREET WISE & STILL TYPE & SPELL  TERRIBLY.  APPARENTLY WE  HAVE THINGS IN COMMON. PLANNER & BOB K  & others are correct. you cannot assume that what works in one place will work in another.

Don't worry about spelling honey.

Ok, so you need to go slow.  Remember so many expats come with plans, and, many end up leaving.  Until you have stayed a couple years no one takes you very serious.  Sad but true.

Start in tourist areas yes, it is easier to break in.  Asbyou get to know the culture its easier to adapt and understand how it works.... and check out the various jazz festivals...

Well as far as the musical aspirations go, you could try approaching club / piano bar owners with the proposition of letting you play the piano even without pay (put out a glass bowl for tips and take requests) and that if it works out they put you on the payroll. That might be just the ticket.

Regarding the other entertainment services you can place an ad in the local newspapers, set up a website and just remember the more professional it looks and the more information it gives, the more professional YOU are going to look. The hardest part is landing the first few parties. If you're good at what you do then your clients will spread the word among their own social circles. The other clients will surely follow.

The very best form of advertising is a satisfied client and it's FREE. Don't know about where you come from, but where I am... FREE IS GOOD, FREE IS VERY GOOD.

thanks for  ur  help

thanks for ur  help

Here ads in newspapers really don't work.  And website - goes without saying PLUS.social media is mandatory.  But again I dont think the party gig will work unless you live in Santo Domingo and have a lot of patience.

Better to try the music, either the jazz market or tourist / bar market.  You.can also approach the higher end resorts, like Hard Rock Hotel etc. 

By the way - Dominican culture - they like what they already know and are slow to adapt to change in many areas.  The saying is: this is how we do it. Often they resent expats with new ways....

Just as a point of reference some good bands (local and expat) play at different nights in Sosua and pay is uaually about 500 pesos per person and beer. Can't make a living on that

Bob K

I THINK THE BIGGER RESORTS FIRST THAN WORK THE LITTEL ONE AND MEET IN THE MIDDLE BUT I THINK AMERICANS &EUROPEENS 1ST.\ THE LOCAL SEEM TO LIKE MY MUSIC  BUT JAZZ IS AN AQUIRED TAST LIKE BEER U HAVE TO KEEP LISTINING TO IT . THE JAZZ CLUBS I HAVE PLAYED I STARTED HAVING EX PATS COME OVER TO GET ON MY LIST OF FANS  FOR FUTURE GIG NOTIFICATION  VERY FLATERING,

Its a good idea to get some regular gigs set up. AND you may need your residencia to make this happen!!!  More and more employers are understanding the government is cracking down. You need to look at this seriously.

thanks i am applying Lots of little details

so i think i will try the resorts . I am getting positive feed back last time i stayed for 4 months but had to go back to the usa to rap up some business coming back for 6 month at least and going to process resident pappers
i do have many good freinds in DR with strong contacks and i am getting very positive coments and singing leads unfourtunityl i had to go back to Ny but will be spending more time in Santiago