2,500 QAR monthly expense?

Hi I am planning to move to Qatar next year. I've done my research on the prices of goods in Doha but still am not sure whether the figures are accurate.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … rrency=SGD

I'm a single guy, my accomodation and electric bills will be provided. For food I plan to cook to save up. I also plan to just take a cab for my transportation since I dont want to deal with maintenance of 2nd hand cars.

Do you guys think that 2,500QAR can make it for food and transporation alone?

Hoping for your responses. Thanks!

@Joseph,

Public Cabs are very difficult to find in qatar !! But private cabs are available.
I think 2500 to 3000qr is good enough for food and cab.

JosephTW wrote:

Hi I am planning to move to Qatar next year. I've done my research on the prices of goods in Doha but still am not sure whether the figures are accurate.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … rrency=SGD

I'm a single guy, my accomodation and electric bills will be provided. For food I plan to cook to save up. I also plan to just take a cab for my transportation since I dont want to deal with maintenance of 2nd hand cars.

Do you guys think that 2,500QAR can make it for food and transporation alone?

Hoping for your responses. Thanks!

Hi, if your Singaporean and you will cook for your self a 800 QR a month is enough for your food.
1,200 to 1,800 for your transportation but I suggest you rent a car for 1,100 or take rent to own car or buy a second hand car to save money. Taking karwa (taxi) is very expensive.  I bought a used car and it didn't cause me any problem for my three years of stay in doha and you can sold it again when you are about to leave.

Just be prepared for your first few months where you have to buy your immediate needs.

and also, include in your budget your telephone and internet bills. as of these days it is now necessity

Hi QMuaither thanks for the response. Any ideas on where can I find good 2nd hand cars? A toyota corolla or yaris is good enough for me. Will you recommend QatarSale website?

Thanks!

I bought mine from qatarliving.com but you have to be careful on choosing your car. You can bring the car to salwa road to have it inspected under computerized system. And choose not more than 80k km in mileage.

ok got it! Thank you very much!