Want to know cost of living in Shah Alam,Malaysia

Hi, I want to know the cost of living on a month basis. I have got a job contract for Shah Alam ,Selngor,Malaysia. And will be there by Dec end for a long term assignment. I wil decide based on saving I can do by going there.
I will be getting 4950 MR per month. Please tell me all inclusive like tax and other expense category wise.

Nattynitin wrote:

Hi, I want to know the cost of living on a month basis. I have got a job contract for Shah Alam ,Selngor,Malaysia. And will be there by Dec end for a long term assignment. I wil decide based on saving I can do by going there.
I will be getting 4950 MR per month. Please tell me all inclusive like tax and other expense category wise.

Welcome

Others I am sure will contact you soon with information

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Far too low a salary. Shah alam is basically next to kl and only a little cheaper not much. You won't be able to save anything for sure

Thanks Nemodot for your reply. May I know how much MR will I be saving if I lives in sharing mode with my colleagues

Look up ibilik.my or mudah.com.my to see if anone looking to share accommodation.

Can you please know me some calculated figures that how much wil be sufficient to expend in selnagor and how much I will save? I will be living in sharing mode. I will thank thank the person who reply me correctly.

Hi Nemodot..can you please tell me how much will be enough to spent there in case I live in sharing mode?

Nemodot wrote:

Far too low a salary. Shah alam is basically next to kl and only a little cheaper not much. You won't be able to save anything for sure

Hi Nemodot..Please let me know how much will be enough to spent there as I will be living in sharing mode prefferrably.

This is a link to rooms available in Shah Alam availing to Indian Males

http://www.ibilik.my/rooms/shah_alam?pr … ndian+Male

Your lowest budget will be:
Income Tax       RM 260
Rental               RM 500 (estimate)
Utilities             RM 100
Food & Drink   RM 500
Travel               RM  50
Phone              RM 150
Internet            RM 100
Misc                RM   50