Hi all!

Hey!  My name is Tyler and I recently relocated to Taichung for work.  The only person I really know is my boss, and I desperately need to expand my social circle!

I work in the bike industry, which should give away my life consuming hobby.  You can catch me most mornings trying to get lost in Taiwan's amazing mountains, but the rest of the time I could really use some advice on where to grab the best food, a good beer, and great conversation. 

Let me know if you would like to grab some food, explore the city, or go for a ride.

-Tyler

Hello Tyler,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Cheers,

Priscilla

Welcome, Tyler!

Since you're a bike enthusiast, I wonder if you don't already know about a major biking attraction in your city...It's two biking paths that were once railroad tracks which the government has since paved over after their disuse to preserve some of the historic landmarks along the way. These two biking paths go through the once-railroad tunnels and are also the only public biking paths with streetlights installed specifically to allow for night bike-riding. Here's some more information about it (if you don't already know). If Google translate doesn't work and you're interested in knowing more, let me know and I'll translate for you: guide.easytravel.com.tw/scenic/2561

hi~

Hi Tyler
Welcome to Taiwan, if you are in Taichung you could try fengchia night market I heard it's a good place to find Taiwan's local delicacy.too bad I'm far away to join in ;)