Visiting Dubai and back to Muscat with single entry visa

I am in Muscat for the four months job as visiting faculty. I have a single entry visa of Oman. In the week ends I have two days holidays and I want to visit Dubai in the week ends.  Is my visa valid to go to Dubai and come back to Muscat. can any one Kindly give me information.

marimuthu p wrote:

I am in Muscat for the four months job as visiting faculty. I have a single entry visa of Oman. In the week ends I have two days holidays and I want to visit Dubai in the week ends.  Is my visa valid to go to Dubai and come back to Muscat. can any one Kindly give me information.

If you came into Muscat on a single entry visa then you cannot leave and enter again  on that visa.
A single entry visa is just that, a single entry,  and when you leave that visa is not valid for a second entry.

Hello i would like to knw what the procedure going to oman... I got a job offer there and my visa will be done by sunday... And i have my passport with me but the visa is in oman with the one who employed me... Could u help? Am from Mauritius by the way. Thank u...

For me also my visa was with Employeer, but copy of that was sent to me by email. I took a print out and shown in the muscat airpot and there was no porblem,  they stamped in my passport and allowed me to go. if you have not received the copy of visa then someone will come with visa and pickup, you should enquire with your employeer.

Well you should not worry about Oman, as long as you have visa copy you will be ok, as far as country and people concern, its really one of the best place to live and work.

Hadz Shareena, in repsonse to your query.
It depends on the process, for some countries your employer will directly send the full time work visa, whereas for others, you will be called to Oman on a 21 day express visa, and the remaining process will be completed while you are in Oman. Check with your employer, they will give you details about it, and which process you need to follow depends on your nationality, but refer below for a rough guide to the process.

Scenario 1. Directly sending work visa. Once you submit your documents to the employer and they apply, you will then need to complete certain procedures like getting the medical done from an approved centre and getting documents attested from the relevant local authorities depending on the regulations on your country. Once completed, you will then send copies of the medical / attested documents to your company, and they will then complete the visa registration from their end. Once they have, they will inform you, and once you arrive in Muscat, your process will be completed at the airport.

Scenario 2. Express visa. Once you receive the express visa, you will travel to Oman and the airport process will be similar to any normal tourist visa (ie the company will send you a copy, you will arrive in Oman, collect actual visa from the airport counter, and get the entry stamped on your passport). Once in Oman, then you will be required to undergo visa medical test, and the next day you will go to the labour ministry and compete the formalities and get your visa card in a couple of hours. The company will almost always send you to the ministry with a PRO or representative, so that person can guide you in any additional queries that you have.