Kenya in eyes of a european...true or not

i got a chance to meet and talk with a swedish expat to kenya and i asked him what it is that he like about kenya...
he said..number 1), the weather is amazing,..pointing out winter is starting in his country and he couldnt be in a better place than here right now.
2)...kenyan people are good people....except for the elite "rich" people whom he found to look down on the poor and everyone else on the lower social class from them something he said he despised
3)...he said ..i know this might come out as rude but i think and feel that as a european its easy to get around in kenya.....i mean,apart from the occasional police harrasments...its pretty easy....
i never thought of it like that before...
and it got me thinking...hmmmm,,
well...whats your opinion...

As a photographer, No 4 would have to be the wildlife.  It can't be bettered.

I'm an American and I will agree with your European friend.  When I began planning to come and live in Kenya I expected or was told:

1.  It's hot!

2.  The people are dirty and have infectious diseases.  If I get sick, there aren't any good health care providers around.

3.  As a white person, it's not safe to walk around in the city.  There are thieves everywhere and you can't trust anybody.

What I found out:

1.  The weather is incredible!  Not too hot and not too cold; not too dry and not too humid.   It's perfect!

2.  There's not any more dirt here than there is at home.  In fact the gal that cleans my house does a more thorough job than I've ever done.  I'm not any more likely to get sick here than at home and if I do need medical treatment there are a number of good, highly qualified health care providers around.

3.  The people are friendly and courteous.  I've never felt unsafe or like I was being taken advantage of.  Just as in large cities in the States, there are some places that can be dangerous, there are those places in Nairobi, too.  But there are plenty of Africans who will help this mzungu keep out of trouble.

I absolutely love living in Kenya!

Thats is true kenya is great.its sad that others think otherwise.