Health

How do you guys keep body fit during winters days ?... It's bit hard for my self during winter there always be flu, cold , or cough thanks for advice ...

What winter, it is summer here all year round :D:D:D.  However we do stay active with walking, scuba diving, swimming.  In 9 years here have had a "bad" cold once (knock on wood).

Bob K

Ardya wrote:

How do you guys keep body fit during winters days ?... It's bit hard for my self during winter there always be flu, cold , or cough thanks for advice ...

Eat healthy, take morning walks.

Hi you can go to gym , its indoor activity and keep your body fit n energetic. Eat a lot of fruits n vegetables , take hot soup. Take honey twice a day , you will feel better.

Ardya wrote:

Use lip balm to keep your lips from drying out from the cold and windy weather. Wear mittens when possible because your fingers can share warmth.regular gloves are good, but mittens have the edge. Wear socks that will keep your feet dry and warm. Also, wear a hat and scarf. It's true that 40 to 50 percent of our body heat can be lost from the surface of the head and neck. Dress in layers.Eat light. A snack before going out in the cold is better than a heavy meal,i hope it will help u in protecting urself in winter.

Think positive.

mas fred wrote:

Think positive.

:o thinking positive then we don't need to see doctor that is the idea right mas fred.Thank u for giving such a great idea to safe the money so no more doctor or heater or hot water or warm cloths live free just thing positive and u will never sick even u never catch cold  :D:D

i never experience such cold weather before but here in Pakistan winter is very very cold i always sit in front of heater. :(

syed zee wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Think positive.

:o thinking positive then we don't need to see doctor that is the idea right mas fred.Thank u for giving such a great idea to safe the money so no more doctor or heater or hot water or warm cloths live free just thing positive and u will never sick even u never catch cold  :D:D

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c … t%20health

Positive thought, and controlled thought, works.
Think positive, qi will help you, if you open your mind to the possibilities.

We don't have winter here, but exercise is a pretty good way to stay fit.  Sitting in front of your TV or computer all day does not count as exercise.

Pakistan's high peaks are located in the Karakoram range, the highest of which is K2 8,611 m, the second highest peak on earth. The highest peak of Himalayan range in Pakistan is Nanga Parbat 8,126 m, which is the ninth highest peak of the world.and the temperature there is about -50 c whole year and in Islamabad we face -5 in winter season

every one here one that post are very much right and you can try wear warm and waterproof footwear. you must try to cover as much exposed skin as possible. Your body's extremities, such as the ears, nose, fingers and toes lose heat the fastest.Walking or running will help warm you.and don't think about cold weather to much because if you think about it too much you will feel more cold.Hope that will helped you.

Cold weather is easy.
layers are the trick.
T shirt, shirt, jumper, coat.
Long Johns, Wool trousers - jeans soak up water, so don't use them.
socks - 2 pairs if cold, waterproof boots

Lots of people forget the head, and make sure you cover the ears.

Drink plenty of water.

well respected members she got the point because and she is not responding to her post but  i thank u all respected members that making this post informative let us try to put our experiences about food and drinks we can use in winter

:top: it is a very good idea so we should try. lets see what we can use hmmhmm  :/  fruits different kinds of soups and fish off course we also can share our recipes

Be in movement means any how your body should be in movement......................heat yourself through work...........

A regular sleep routine meaning going to bed around same time each night and rising same time in the morning.
Winter food should be warming type foods such as good vegetable soups and stews. Balance this with fruits, cereals eggs for breakfast.

Still exercise by either a brisk morning walk or after work. Any cardiovascular exercise to get the heart pumping. 30 minutes at a time and at least 3 times a week or more.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

We don't have winter here, but exercise is a pretty good way to stay fit.  Sitting in front of your TV or computer all day does not count as exercise.

What about bending your elbow? Most expats in the country where I live seem to be good at that.
It's probably the same in any country.

NoshowJones wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

What about bending your elbow? Most expats in the country where I live seem to be good at that.
It's probably the same in any country.

Not me, dude, I don't drink.

Lots of time (and exercise) spent outdoors (with the right clothing) will keep your body's defenses up.
I never got sick when I still cycled everywhere I needed to go - regardless of weather and temperature!
(Now, unfortunately, I don't have time for tat any more ...

The thing that I found to keep me healthy year round is to wash my hands regularly. It stopped me catching viruses. The most common route of contamination is the hands. Daily exercise such as walking is great for clearing the head and building up positivity.

I also eat raw garlic daily as it is a good blood tonic. Fresh grated ginger and also chili paste too. I make a salad sandwich with all those on it.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR