Hi friends, am new here

My name is Tunmise, am currently working in Nigeria, am planning to move to Australia. Please I need advice and information from anyone living in Australia.

Hello Tunmise and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that your thread has been moved to the Australia Forum to increase interaction on the latter.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

hezzykelly wrote:

My name is Tunmise, am currently working in Nigeria, am planning to move to Australia. Please I need advice and information from anyone living in Australia.

For visa information and applications www.immi.gov.au There is a skills list on this site which the govt is looking for so those people have preference for a visa. The visa is issued on a points system.

Any qualifications you have must come from a recognized teaching institution. Getting a visa does not mean you automatically get a job.

Australia is an expensive country to live in with high taxes etc. For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

Unemployment is rising so locals will get a job before an expat. Unless necessary companies will not hire expats as this is costly and time consuming for them.

If you wish to come here and look around you may qualify for a working holiday visa which allows you to work at fruit picking and other jobs.

A student visa means you can work part time 20 hrs a week. You will need to have your own medical insurance cover.

Hope this helps.

A resident taxpayer in Australia who earns $18,200 or under, in the year, will pay NO tax on that income.

If the annual income is $37,000 then the tax payable is $3,572. This is 9.65%.
At an income of $80,000 the tax will be $17,547. This is 21.93%.
For a higher earner at $180,000 the tax will be $54,547. This is 30.30%.
britzinoz.com/income-tax-rates-2014-2015

Classification of "resident taxpayer" is anyone who is lawfully in the country for a certain period during the year. ato.gov.au/Calculators-and-tools/Are-you-a-resident/