Who else lives in Marrakech? :-)

Hello:-)
My name is Nadine and I'm looking for other foreigners like me living in Marrakech :-) I'm a German and English teacher and 29 years old! It would be great to find nice people :-)
See you ;-)

Hello Nadine ! :)

By participating on threads in our section Networking in Marrakech, you may increase your chances to meet new people around you.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi!

Im from Holland, living in Marrakech as well! U can contact me if u want :)

Bslama!

Hello, i'm badr, 36 yrs old, I'm moroccan, was born and living in marrakech, so if you are interested to know and have local friends too, that will be my pleasure ;):)
By the way i'm realtor
Enjoy Marrakech
Badr :)

Hi Nadine
I am Moroccan and I advise you to stay away from Moroccan males at the moment. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor :)
Kind regards

Atlas Mountains wrote:

Hi Nadine
I am Moroccan and I advise you to stay away from Moroccan males at the moment. I wish you all the best in your new endeavor :)
Kind regards

Good advice, but she has already stated that she only wants to meet expats so it looks like she has a good head on her shoulders.

Just popped the advice to her, it's not a big deal :)
Thanks anyway :)

Honestly...Its so annoying and funny at the same time how people behave and THINK!!! :-)
WE FEMAE EXPATS are not here to look for Moroccan MALES...Many of us are already married and working here, we just want to meet nice people around here .... Its sometimes really sad how people think...

Yes, the key, in case you hadn't noticed yourself in your own post is "Many of us". Don't generalise either, "WE FEMAE [sic] EXPATS are not here to look for Moroccan MALES"

There are also many unmarried female expats. In my view and that of the other contributor, it is far better for their wallets and mental health to keep away, in general, from Moroccan guys and hang around with expats. This is why people give the advice.

It might have been helpful for you to have explained that you were married if this is the case.

Lastly, you are aware, I assume, that some foreign women are here to pull Moroccan guys. They get the same advice from me too, but obviously don't take it.

Every woman should make their own business.....If they dont see the " red light" as a warning its their own fault....And there are good and bad people in every country....

Its only depend on ur personality. Nd how u think toward other ppl.... Or may be u r suffering frm an understanding credise wich. Coz u some sad thinkers as u think..
Ny way. Hope u. Stop sad thinkin. Or. Judging other ppl here n morrocco

Sincerly. :)

Amen :-)

My dear sponsor,
I am a Moroccan citizen and an expat myself who lives outside Morocco. It's quite amazing how you give people advice and they take it the wrong way. I was living in Marrakech myself and had many married expat friends in my circle which many of them were and are still in touch with me. I am not trying to belittle my compatriots either, but I am here to just shed the light on an issue that she might encounter as I had a friend who was a new expat just like Nadine few years ago and ended up in a scam by mixing up with some people who pretended to be a realtors! I am sure by one way or another she will come across the locals, like we all do wherever we live.
Cheers

landlord615 wrote:

Its only depend on ur personality. Nd how u think toward other ppl.... Or may be u r suffering frm an understanding credise wich. Coz u some sad thinkers as u think..
Ny way. Hope u. Stop sad thinkin. Or. Judging other ppl here n morrocco

Sincerly. :)

It was a little hard to understand you, but I gather that you feel people here are judging Moroccans unfairly.  I agree that no one should be judging anyone.  However you must also understand that expat women in Morocco get a HUGE number of unsolicited "offers of friendship" from Moroccan men, who are presumably after something more than just friendship.  Those Moroccan men are judging the expat women, no?  And the women, for their own protection, have to be a little cynical and suspicious about offers from all Moroccan men.  That is simply the existing reality.  I don't think anyone believes ALL Moroccans are alike, but there is a very visible sub-section of the population that tends to give a bad impression.

The best thing you can do, as a Moroccan man, is to acknowledge this reality and do your best to give a different example.

Ive already worked outside morocco. Nd. Ive already been an expat.i appreciate ur situation sister. But. Wat u should bear n ur mind. Is that. U musnt. Generelize thgs. There r sooo mny good manners ppl. There r soo mny. Wellbehaviors person.... Wat i noticed sister.... May be u r living in a social nd poor. Quarter. U ve to live at some where .. Where there r lot of expat. Some where. Where no one can. Disturb u....   With pleasur sister
Sry. If. I wrote sth that might bother u.. But blv me.  I only wanna clearifyin thx :)

Landlord615, was that a reply to me or to someone else?

If it was a response to what I said, then I don't think you understood it.  I don't think I generalized.  I didn't say there aren't good people, everywhere.

Moroccan men approach me all the time, on the street, on the internet, in Morocco and here in the US.  It has nothing to do with living in a particular neighborhood.  I am not saying they are bad people, just that it's annoying and some people can be taken in by it and think it's something it's not.

I don't think this is really worth getting into an extended discussion over, and it's off-topic anyway.

landlord615 wrote:

Ive already worked outside morocco. Nd. Ive already been an expat.i appreciate ur situation sister. But. Wat u should bear n ur mind. Is that. U musnt. Generelize thgs. There r sooo mny good manners ppl. There r soo mny. Wellbehaviors person.... Wat i noticed sister.... May be u r living in a social nd poor. Quarter. U ve to live at some where .. Where there r lot of expat. Some where. Where no one can. Disturb u....   With pleasur sister
Sry. If. I wrote sth that might bother u.. But blv me.  I only wanna clearifyin thx :)

If only you saw the number of posts on here, and far more elsewhere across the internet, from women who travelled to Morocco, and upon returning, ask for help regarding papers required for marriage in Morocco. A marriage to someone they met while there. Then you will understand why some of us advise them to be aware and keep their distance from them.

Well.. I think u must be open minded nd discuss it till the end...   We r not gighting here. We r dealing with a huge topic.  Nd u. Accused morrocan men. So im morroccan nd im defending my slf since im morocan. But. I think. U r narrow minded nd u d'n wnt discuss it ny more.

Ny way sty. Nd keep judging as u can c.
Thx

Its not. Evry bdy s looking 4marriage neither. Papers. 
I can send msg to u only to greet u nd. Chnge information with u frm time to time nd also. To help. If u need sth.  Since. U r an expat here.... Im always lookin 4new frds. Not 4papers. Neither 4marriage. Nd its. A bad common that most of the expat think bout. .....  It doesn mean that if some one snd hello. Or if u rcv sth frm some one means want marry or lokkin 4 papers.
Certainly there r some. Who wnts waste their time with expats. But there r few. Nd. There. Illmannered nd i confess that
Thx :)

landlord615 wrote:

Its not. Evry bdy s looking 4marriage neither. Papers. 
I can send msg to u only to greet u nd. Chnge information with u frm time to time nd also. To help. If u need sth.  Since. U r an expat here.... Im always lookin 4new frds. Not 4papers. Neither 4marriage. Nd its. A bad common that most of the expat think bout. .....  It doesn mean that if some one snd hello. Or if u rcv sth frm some one means want marry or lokkin 4 papers.
Certainly there r some. Who wnts waste their time with expats. But there r few. Nd. There. Illmannered nd i confess that
Thx :)

Please, please try to write English correctly! It's SO hard to try to decipher text language written by someone whose first language is not English.

I'm not trying to be horrible, but just spell the words and don't use abbreviations. I have to keep reading and re-reading your posts to be able to understand them and someone else has already commented on this too.

(Moderated: inappropriate comment)

Anyway, I apologize Nadine, you've asked a question and it's ended up becoming off-topic. I don't live in Marakech. So I will take myself out of this thread.

Regards

Ok. Im sorry. I wanted only to cearify. Some points.  And to reflect. Moroccan s. Intelectuel. But . I think. You missunderstand me hence i think this can drive you mad on me. And its not my objectif... Sorry again
We all human we all can err...
Sorry

Ok thx. Xb2. Msg received
But. I realy want you. To try to understand this.. If its possible 4u...
Every one sees you from where he is..not from where you are .. Nd the one who saw you from where he is..... Saw himself.
Hope you understand it
Sincerly:)

Hi everybody,

Can we please go back to the main subject of this topic please?
The member Fortis is only seeking to meet nice persons in Marrakech.

Please note that the debate is not on Moroccan males / dating !

Thanks all

-------------

@ landlord615 > Please write in good english ( no sms language ) on the forum please.

Thanks

Priscilla

Ok priscilia