Flu Shots

Can anyone recommend a place that:

1. Has flu shots in stock

2. Doesn't require you to make an appointment (and pay for) a doctor visit before giving it.

Thanks.

Did you try American Mission Hospital?

Yes, tried them and the International Hospital of Bahrain. The shots are only given after a consultation with a doctor, which means you have to sign up for an appointment and pay for an office visit in addition to the shot.

Everywhere I have lived before Bahrain made it very easy to get flu shots, since people are encouraged to do it. You could get one for USD 5-10 (or free even with most insurances) and nurses from clinics do things like come to offices and set up times at pharmacies. Here it will cost a lot and it is a lot less convenient. I don't understand why it has to be so hard. There must be a way to get it cheaper and on the spot, no?

I've heard that the Salmaniya medical complex might do this, but I have no idea how. I tried to call them and after several numbers with no answer I got through to a person who seemed bothered by the question and said she didn't know what a "flu shot" or "vaccine against influenza" is.

I just spoke to a Bahraini colleague of mine and she said she takes her kids to Dr. Harraz. She said the doctor can do the shots without any prior consultation but your experience may vary because you are an adult whereas she takes her kids to the doctor. Call 17243334 - see if it helps.

Stakan wrote:

Can anyone recommend a place that:

1. Has flu shots in stock

2. Doesn't require you to make an appointment (and pay for) a doctor visit before giving it.

Thanks.

Walk into your local health center. They will give you the flu shots with the 3 BD fee that is charged for all expatriates.