Sending a domestic helper to SG

My wife is pregnant and will deliver in Singapore.  She needs a helper for 3-4 months.  Since I have a helper here in Manila and is willing to go to Singapore for work, does anyone know if it is possible and what is the process to send her over? 

I looked on the POEA website but looks like I need to go through an authorized SG agency who would bring her over.  My wife did check and they will charge S$2000 upfront fee, which is too high for only 3 months. The standard contract is also 2 years. Looked for a part time helper in SG, but most need a long term contract.

Maybe a travel agency can help specially if you are planning to buy a ticket from them!

That certainly is very costly for a helper in SG.  Wouldn't it make more sense...and certainly more cost-effective to hire locally?  If you only need a helper for a few months...it's hardly worth going through all that expense through POEA.
My wife and I have worked and lived in many countries both in Asia and Europe...and whenever we needed domestic help (particularly when we still had our small children with us during our assignments overseas (they're grown now, of course))...we would just hire one locally.  We never had any problems.

We checked locally in SG.   Labour laws are strict in SG and you need to sign a 2 year contract.  Only other option is to get lucky and find a helper who is like 18 months on the contract that was terminated and then can find a replacement employer for the remaining months.  At end of 24 mos, have to be sent home or pay another agency fee (S$2000).

Or find temp hourly help. That runs from S$10-15 per hour. So for lets say 25 days at 10 hours at S$10/hr, that will cost S$2500 per month. I would rather pay my helper who we trust half that amount +room & board, which is a whole lot more than she earns in PI. 

How can a travel agent facilitate on getting exit visa and overstay?  I checked with the agent at our office and can issue a exit pass to leave the Philippines but strictly forbidden for doing work abroad and in any case is limited to 30 days on the SG side. Can get into trouble in SG if the helper gets confused during the immigration process in SG and she says she is there for work. Who goes to SG for holiday for 30 days?

Yes you are better getting your trusted helper!

Might try the correct thing to do.  Tried same as you to resolve helper, contract and pay issues. Came down to one issue. Despite poverty,  population, and all issues of Philippines they only want population working abroad IF it is contracted as OFW through qualified companies. Let you form your own opinion why but that's the way it is for domestic and trades.  Look at the Philippines online website for visa. Suggest to be very careful of any suggestions to work around.

I see what you mean.  Hmmmm.  How long can one stay in SG on a tourist visa?  Your friend can certainly come visit with you. ... for however long the tourist visa will allow.   You work out the details/arrangements with this friend.

A tourist visa in SG is only valid for 30 days.  If the immigration officer deems that the visitor doesnt have the means to stay, then can shorten it to 14 days.

Anyway, I want to do this above board as my wife is a sg citizen and if the helper does anything illegal while in SG, then she could be exposed. The laws are rigorously enforced in SG as opposed to here. Plus its also hard for her to even exit Philippines based on other threads.

Just seeing if anyone has legally done a short term work permit, doesnt look like it.

Have you tried going to the Singapore embassy; maybe just maybe they can give you an exception ! I am just saying just maybe!