Visa info

hi,
I am a Pakistani citizen. My two son ( elder is in the University and younger is doing O level in the school ) are  in KL, now my wife is wishing to move there to rent an apartment and live with them. What will be best and easy way to get a long terms visa for my wife.

Apply for a Guardian Pass

Ask your younger son's educational estabishment for assistance and forms, as they will have to provide proof that your son is study at their institution etc.

The youngest son will need to still be a minor to get this type of Pass.

The visa is not long-term but annual and will not be possible to obtain when your sons are no longer studying in Malaysia. There are financial support requirements which will mean you will have to show your earnings to the Government, proof of marriage and parentage and that you can support all three family members.

hi, thanks for info.
Can my wife rent an apartment by signing rental agreement?

The rules are lax about signing rental agreements. Male and female foreigners can do so (if the landlord is happy that the prospective tenant has the funds available) and as long as they pay the 2 1/2 times monthly rent as deposit sum and the first month's rental in advance. 

Theoretically, anyone can sign, and only a copy of the passport/pass is (sometimes) needed. It is however essential to understand leases in Malaysia. Unless there is a diplomatic break clause, the lessor is responsible financially in law for the entire length of time of the agreement, even if they do not remain at the property. So leaving a property early still incurs say a complete year's rental. Having provided a copy of the pass, it is quite easy for landlords to track down tenants that break the terms.

Your wife would apply for the Guardian pass while still in Pakistan so that would mean it should be in her passport and ease renting property on arrival.  She should not attempt to come to Malaysia and apply from here, as she will be sent back home. This is now the new rule for any student and student-related passes.

Once she has all the necessary paperwork, it will only take a couple of weeks to be able to travel here.

Thanks Alot.