Transit Visa for Saudi Arabia

I am planning to take a road trip to the UAE from Bahrain with my wife and 2 kids. All of us have valid Bahraini residency permits. Is it easy to get a transit visa for road travel through Saudi Arabia? What are the steps involved and the time taken?

Any pointers on car insurance for the trip will also be highly appreciated.

5hutterbug wrote:

I am planning to take a road trip to the UAE from Bahrain with my wife and 2 kids. All of us have valid Bahraini residency permits. Is it easy to get a transit visa for road travel through Saudi Arabia? What are the steps involved and the time taken?

Any pointers on car insurance for the trip will also be highly appreciated.

Hey there  :cheers:

If you have a layover in any Saudi Arabian airport for 18-72 hours or are planning to travel through KSA on your way to another country, you will need a transit visa.  Furthermore, you will need to apply for this visa before your trip as transit visas are not issued at the airport.

To get this process started, you must submit the following:

1)      A valid passport

2)      If not a citizen of the United States (or wherever you are applying from) then a copy of a green card or visa that gives you legal status in that country

3)      One recent passport style photograph

4)      A Saudi visa questionnaire filled out and signed

5)      Declaration of Saudi Laws, signed

6)      Confirmed ticket or itinerary showing your layover.  If you are going in by land, you will need a letter detailing your trip including the ports of entry and exit.

7)      Proof that applicant can legally enter the country of destination after KSA (a visa, residency card, passport etc.)

You will also need Enjaz completed and paid for online.  Many clients have problems paying for their Enjaz or filling it out. 

Be warned that if you overstay your transit visa you will be charged roughly $750 per day you have overstayed!

Women travelling alone are not eligible for transit visas.  If women are travelling with a male guardian, they will need to submit a copy of marriage or birth certificate upon applying for the visa.  Birth certificates must also be provided for children who must be travelling with their legal parents.

One final caveat: Saudi Arabia DO NOT issue transit visas for travelers going through Jeddah during Umrah and Hajj season!!!  If you were hoping to do Hajj or Umrah on a transit visa while on a layover in Jeddah, simply do not.  Not only will they not issue your visa and you will waste time and money, but entry into Mecca and Medina is illegal when on a transit visa.  You must apply for a Hajj or Umrah visa.

Thanks, Gunner. Your help is really appreciated. I had already read this and a few more things online before posting my question.

1. I do not intend to have a layover during my flight as I am planning a road trip
2. Do I have to apply to the Saudi Embassy in person, or can this be done online? Has anyone dealt with the Saudi Embassy in Manama?
3. I intend to use the "Visa on arrival" facility at UAE because I am a Bahraini residence permit holder.
4. What are the formalities to drive a car from Bahrain to Dubai: No objection certificate, insurance, UAE salik, etc.

Here is an informative post from 2011:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-e … in-726871/

Here is another one from March this year:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-rep … qatar.html

5hutterbug wrote:

Thanks, Gunner. I had already read this and a few more things online before posting my question.

1. I do not intend to have a layover during my flight as I am planning a road trip
2. Do I have to apply to the Saudi Embassy in person, or can this be done online?
3. I intend to use the "Visa on arrival" facility at UAE because I am a Bahraini residence permit holder.
4. What are the formalities to drive a car from Bahrain to Dubai: No objection certificate, insurance, etc.

1. It's the same thing , even if you are transiting to reach UAE , you can take a transit visa !
Please call the Embassy to have a more clear answer : (+973) 1 753 7722

2. It can be done online from here Apply Saudi Visa but it's limited to selected nationalities !

3. Regarding VOA at UAE border , yes , if you are of high profession , you can get a VOA for 200 AED only !

4. No idea about this , but if I find something I will update you :)

Thanks again, Gunner :thanks:

5hutterbug wrote:

Thanks again, Gunner :thanks:

My pleasure :)

And if I find some info, I'll update you :)