Find a quaint fishing village close to SMA

Hi.

My name is Sabra and I live in California.  It is Paradise.

But the rising costs for seniors is hellish.

So since I basically grew up in Mexico or closest thing to it....I'd like to find TNBT, The Next Big Thing.

An avid fisherman, I would like to find a quaint fishing village close to SMA.  I have seen the name Quaretaro (?)

Would like to hear from anyone already living there.  Thx

HI Sabra,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Mexico forum for more visibility and interaction.

Sabral is Coming:
I have seen a couple of your posts and just
a few observations.
1. there are no quaint or not-quaint fishing
villages near SMA. If you find a place to fish,
I have been told, don't eat the fish. You can
double-check that advice any time.
2. This is an amazing place and I would think
there could be some options on sharing places
but I do not know of any right now.
3. Queretaro is 45 mins. away and that is fine
if one has a car, or does not kind the bus. I say
that becasue you seem to want to be near/in
SMA.
4. Your Spanish will be great, I still have not
learned, although I work from home on the phone
to the US all day.
5. This is a safe town. Our neighborhood is great,
it's called Guadiana, but it is NOT the type of place
generally, to look for sharing places. El Centro is
party central and walking distance to everything that
is cool. It is noisy too, but that is where one could
find sharing options. These are not the only options.

I will keep my ears open.

Thanks, Rick.

Your info has been a big help.

SMA is sort of like an anchor for me.  Relatives live there but I don't know them well.  Still, they are very loving, generous people from what I can tell and so that security feels ...well, secure!

You could not have shocked me more than regards to your statement about the fish.   You've got to be kidding!

I can do down #680 and fish in Benicia, forcryinoutloud!

Hmmm.  Well...........what do you know about Escondido..............a lot of surfers go there.

Keep in touch.

PS............who pays you to donate all of your time like this anyway, if I may ask(?)

I do not know Escondido, but since we are very
much inland, I was referring to the inland lakes
for the most part.

I have no comment about the ocean.

I work at home to go on FB. My wife and I were
new in town one year ago, so if I can help, it is
returning the favor.

Rick

Hello everyone, my name is Darrielle I'm looking for some help and advice, I live in the uk, I have a mexican partner who I've been with for a year, we have travelled back n forth both countries to be together, I'm going out in December and getting married in January, does anyone know what we have to do for us to come back to live in the uk as husband and wife, we have been in contact with the embassy who informed us that we need to go to Mexico City to apply for a spouse visa? Is this all we need to move back to the uk together? Any advice or information about us getting married would be a big help, as I don't seem to be getting from the uk embassy, thank you kind regards Darrielle

Hi I am also from California... northern... I live in Puerto Morelos, between Cancun & Playa Del Carmen, a beautiful little fishing village.. let me know if I can give you any further information..... Cindy

It looks like the UK embassy thinks you are asking about what to do in Mexico, because that is the response they are giving you..  It seems your concern is what will happen when you and your new husband want to return to the U.K. Perhaps what you need to ask them is after you are married in Mexico, what do you have to do for you and your new husband to return to the U.K.

Hi, Cindy~

Please let me know if you would be willing to walk me through a move there.

I just rescinded an offer on a condo in Vallejo, CA and would much rather pack it
in and do what I want....move to Mexico.

How do I get in touch with the realtor about that little $86K place....did I miss it?

I'll go reread it.  But in the meantime my direct email is [email protected]

What is your email, if I may ask?

Queretero is a huge rapidly growing city so cross that of your list. Dolores Hidalgo is probably the size you are looking for and is reasonably close to SMA.

Where I live, I walk in front of the house down to the beach.  Love fishing, but just sold the boat after fishing and chartering for 5 years. IslaTaboga is a very small Pacific island outside of Panama City with only 900 or so people and just a few small trucks and golf carts. A couple of hotels, a few restaurants two small Chinese run stores and a couple of large beaches round out the habitable part of the island. Since island living in the tropics isn't all it's cracked up to be..I'm setting my horizons on San Miguel de Allende as it has all the things Taboga doesn't.  I would love to base out of SMA but still do some ocean fishing so I too am looking for a quaint fishing village.  Maybe you can keep me apprised of your findings.  By the way, I lived in Sonoma for 20 years and like Mexico better.  Best Regards, Thijs

I do live in a quaint little fishing village.............but far from SMA.  Actually I live on a sand bar between the ocean and a lovely lagoon.  Closest town is Coyuca de Benitez about one hour north of Acapulco.  It is not a heavy tourist area at all very calm and tranquil..........I love it here.    let me know if you want more information. also do a search of Coyuca and you will get lots more information and photos of our beaches........Playa Azul and Playa Carrizal.........Good luck finding the perfect place.

The problem I'm finding is that Americans have to pay the entire
purchase price and I only have a down of about half of what I'm finding
for sale.

How are rentals in your town?