Buy land after marry a filippina

i would like to ask. Can i buy land after marry with a filippina? someone know how it work? thanks

giovannigio wrote:

i would like to ask. Can i buy land after marry with a filippina? someone know how it work? thanks

Not in your name. You can only purchase the land in your wife's name. She can lease the land to you.  You can purchase a condo in your name but I believe it has to be at least 51% Filipino owned.

Bad idea there.   But you can lease land from her for 49 years. with a renewal option on the lease.  Some buy land in a child's name I am told with power of Attorney over it here.

thanks

Yes.

James Mitchel wrote:

Bad idea there.   But you can lease land from her for 49 years. with a renewal option on the lease.  Some buy land in a child's name I am told with power of Attorney over it here.

What's a bad idea and why is it bad? Details are always helpful. 

i non want buy for my wife's name , i thought after marry i can buy for my name but maybe it is impossible.

giovannigio wrote:

i non want buy for my wife's name , i thought after marry i can buy for my name but maybe it is impossible.

No you cannot purchase land in your name unfortunately.

Condos by private developers can be a bad idea too as they seem to fall into disrepair quickly and if your neighbor does not keep theirs in good conditions you will suffer. We have some condos in our area that seem to be maintained but that are built by large developers backed or owned by Robinsons development or SM.  I have no personal experience with condo ownership and have heard that often you will also have noisy neighbors, so beware of the condo choice.

yes condo is very noise, i am living now i a condo in tagbilaran. sure not good for live for long time just it is okay for short time

Hello Giovannigio,
There are certain options to choose..
1.) Marry a Filipina, buy the land with a prenuptial agreement. You can declare what sort of rules you wanted, of course let her know about it if she will agree.
2.) Perhaps you have a local friend you trusted, you can use her/his name for you property here in Manila. All you need to do is take all the documents in lawyer for your security.
3.) Another idea is a condo. You have it 100% . Easy to sell if you want to get rid of it or have it rent out. I agree that it is unhealthy living, but you will need it later in life. For instance, you need medication in the best hospital, living here in Manila is convenient for you. I mentioned it because this is the situation of my cousin's partner. I myself will run here in Manila for hospitalization. I almost lose my left hand because of public hospital in the province.

If you have further question, I'm happy to answer..
Goodluck
KJ

After you marry, the land you buy and the land she acquires will belong to both of you! It does not matter if you are a foreigner! What is important is you are legally married! She cannot sell the property without your consent! Have the Deed of Sale registered immediately under the Torrens Title! Being married to her will have the same effect as transacting like a Filipino Husband!

What I warn you make sure you are married to her legally!

Karen you cannot have a prenuptial agreement after marriage! As prenuptial means before marriage!

I agree with you! Just checked they have different policy for foreigners! Be careful!

thanks for information

Your Welcome! Hoping for you and peaceful, adventurous, and safe stay in the Philippines!

Why buy at all?  All you need is control of land for your term of stay, ...as a non-national you can still lease for 20 years with a 20yr extension option... thats most, if not all your life (and it's less expensive)... who cares what happens to it after that... your dead!  hahaha

If you want to make improvements then do so, farm on it, build a home, build a commercial building and sublease it out... as long as you have contractual control of the property, you can do what you like within the constraints of the local codes.

Careful though, if someone see's you doing 'too' well with it, they may try to figure a way to create a breach of contract and take the property back with improvements in place!  hahaha  (strange things happen there when people do well)

You are not protected unless your contract of lease is registered on the title! So the owner can sell the property to a buyer in good faith anytime! Then you are now going to enforce your contractual right in court; because it is not registered, all you can enforce is right to damages! : :whistle:

do you men even registrated lease contract i can have problem?
i don't know how much i have to spend for lease but if i have to spend 400,000 php for lease and if i buy it is 400,000 php i think it is better i buy like gift for my wife, o not?

You have to have the lease annotated in the contract considering the hefty amount you are putting in;

Oops annotated in the Title of the land!

okay thanks

The law here in the Philippines does not allow a foreigner to buy land or own property on any land purchased by your wife. Your wife can purchase land and build a house and your name can appear on the title along with hers, this will insure that if she wishes to sell the property she must seek your permission. If she precedes you, you will be able to live in the property or sell same.
Hope this helps.

Do not forget the absolute community regime when you marry here in the Philippines!

to foreigner who improve the land owned by the family or spouse, will you share when your spouse precedes you; you need a will!

thank you yes help

No you can't buy a house or any land if the title is TCT.. no problem if the Condo or townhouse is CCT and total ownership has not exceeded 40% within the project.  Here are the exceptions:
1) Acquisition before the 1935 constitution.
2) Acquisition thru hereditary succession -if the foreigner is a legal heir.
3) Purchase of not more than 40% interest as a whole in a condominium project.
4) Purchase by a former natural born Filipino citizen who acquired foreign citizenship & has not applied and granted dual citizenship can purchase up to 1,000 square meters of residential land and 1 hectare of agricultural or farm land.

If you lease:   The initial period of up to 50 years, and renewable for another 25 years.
If you have a Phil Corp: Lease the property in your Philippine Corporation name for an unlimited period of time.

Your name can appear on title as "foreign Spouse" but not as owner.  Once you are set with a proper lease, you can own the buildings/house you place on the leased land 100% or jointly with spouse.  The lease format & content will be key!!!!

THANKS  it is clear that mean better lease then buy

My advice is to research and read the specific law on foreign investment.  Lease or Buy, it all depends if you follow the law.

i was thinking, i asked my girlfriend how much we will spend for wedding she told me , in church around 300.000 php , and then i asked around then i saw a 200 sqm land is 300.000 php so i was thinking we do just civil wedding and then i buy land like gift for she ,
is it 300.000 php a church wedding?

Your questions all have the potential of far ranging answers.  There is no one number or fast answer to most questions.  If a person takes their home country and adjusts for the same equivalent of P300K, then apply your questions, it would be the same type of "it just depends" answer.  If you and your gf see things at the same level, a reduced wedding vs. ownership of a home can be evaluated/answered.  If not, and your focus is logical while her's is emotional, you may never come to a common road to proceed down together. As others have stated, you need to be ready to proceed with clear signed agreements before you act on "love" and the belief that "it can be done after marriage".  When we travel from our home countries to a host country where our protections and rights are less than what we have always lived with, we need to proceed with clear knowledge of the new/different limits we elected to live under.  You may need to reach a point on all of this where you either research or find a trusted source to deliver the answers that best fit your wishes.

DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT GUY!

Dont!!!!!!

yes you right

you can buy as much land as you like but it will all be in her name only .so basically if you don,t want to see your money again go ahead and buy .It takes a long long time to sell here so be prepared for a long drawn out wait.otherwords the moral of the reply here is only invest with what you can afford to lose.

yes thanks i just wat buy some where for live not for invest, already i saw it isn't good buy in philippines for invest

I'm sorry but these are three TERRIBLE ideas all in a row. Each has definite downsides for the expat Kano.  I assume the questioner is a newbie to the PI. Thus a revert back to rule #1: do Nothing in the way of any commitment to anything for the first year. Then, look at your possibilities but never before.

yes sure i will look my possibility

Lots of people come up with various ways / means of being able to purchase .. some of which have been tested in Court and worked... most of which have not.

The age old saying of ''what part of not legally allowed to own land is so difficult to understand?'' should be ever present in your mind.

yes you right

Hi there I hope this helps you

When you buy a condo as a westerner we can buy outright
they sell 40% of every tower to westerners and 60% local purchase

yes thanks