New Zealand: For a healthy expatriation

Do you dream of lifestyle in a cultural and healthy environment? New Zealand has proved to be an ideal destination.

New Zealand is one of the world's six best destinations in terms of expatriation. This has been revealed by the 7th HSBC Expat Explorer Survey report, released this Wednesday, 22nd of October 2014. New Zealand thus ranks 5th among 34 countries which have been qualified regarding professional opportunities and living standards . The country is hence listed after Switzerland, Singapore, China, Germany and Bahrain. In fact, New Zealand has been designated as one of the world's healthiest countries.

Note that this study was conducted among 9,300 expatriates in some one hundred countries worldwide. They have been invited to give their opinions and share their feelings about their quality of life, financial well-being, as well as ease of raising a family abroad. New Zealand stands out for the quality of health enjoyed by its inhabitants, as well as for leisure activities it provided and well-being.

Indeed, New Zealand is the ideal destination for those who want to change and improve their quality of life. It is also the single biggest destination for healthcare professionals. In fact, 14% of respondents are employed in the health care environment. Moreover, 73% of expatriates associate the country with pure and clean air, access to drinking water supply and other environmental issues. New Zealanders are also deemed to be a sporting nation, according to expatriates. 40% of them admit to practice more sports since they settled in the country.

As regards children's welfare, expat parents admit they feel safer in New Zealand and indicate that their children's health has greatly improved since their arrival. This means that both parents and children now enjoy a better quality of life.

New Zealand's rich culture is another key factor. In fact, 78% of respondents claim to have adapted  easily to the New Zealanders' culture and lifestyle. The Maori culture is particularly appreciated for its traditional practices. It is also integrated into the school curriculum. 75% of respondents also say that New Zealand are very welcoming while 61% of them claim to have no trouble making friends.

For more information you can check out the HSBC Expat Explorer website.

Regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Team

Hi...veedushi,
I am on the way of my migration process. Could you please share me how good nz is for IT employees. Me my hubby and son are planning for the new settlement.
Thanks,
Shabana

Sorry but I don't agree with the survey's outcome.
1) Majority of expats surveyed live in Auckland, which technically I would not call real New Zealand
2) If China was ranked higher than NZ then why are there so many Chinese leaving their home country for New Zealand?

It is gotten very expansive in the last a few years. Living in Auckland will cost you $600 or more per week for decent family housing. Owning a house is literately will remain a dream. If you live in cities other then Auckland, you will have trouble finding decent jobs. Overall, it has became very expansive place and one has to rely on overseas capital or businesses to make a good living. I do agree that NZ is good for kids and families in some aspects.

Jyotishdidi wrote:

It is gotten very expansive in the last a few years. Living in Auckland will cost you $600 or more per week for decent family housing. Owning a house is literately will remain a dream. If you live in cities other then Auckland, you will have trouble finding decent jobs. Overall, it has became very expansive place and one has to rely on overseas capital or businesses to make a good living. I do agree that NZ is good for kids and families in some aspects.

Yes I do heard that too from my friends in Auckland. For living/eating out/travelling/misc expense you spend around 1200-1500 $ per student in sharing, is that correct?

Could be more. But if you take help from Indian Temples for food etc it could be cheaper.

Jyotishdidi wrote:

Could be more. But if you take help from Indian Temples for food etc it could be cheaper.

Okay. Regarding studies, what is the reputation of Manukau Institute of Technoloy? Is it a good institution? Doing Diploma in ICT from there advisable? Thanks

Is it 1 year diploma / Level 1 or is it a Bachelors degree? I don't know about this institute, but I do know that people with Bachelor or  Master's degree tend to find job easily vs Level 1 (one year) diploma...

Thank you for replying. It is 1 year graduate diploma level 7 in Information and communication technology with management studies as well. Course content was good so I opted for this course. Also I already have Bsc IT degree from a reputed university in India. To add to this I have 2.5 years of experience in Aviation field as well with a pilot license and various aviation certification. I have experience letter and a letter of recommendation from my office/employer also. Plus a letter from appreciation from PM of India for my work during Indian General Elections 2014 if that helps  :gloria

You already have a software development experience and right qualification. Plus you are going to do a PG diploma. I am not an expert but your odds are higher then others. Just focus on more hands on projects and show case your work to perspective employers, and you will be good to go. Majority of IT employers now asks for programming tests, therefore hands on exposure is must. Good luck!

Wait! I am confused, are you looking your future in Aviation field? or Information technology field? I don't know anything about Aviation field in NZ. Better research it before you commit. It is a smaller economy.

Jyotishdidi wrote:

Wait! I am confused, are you looking your future in Aviation field? or Information technology field? I don't know anything about Aviation field in NZ. Better research it before you commit. It is a smaller economy.

forget about aviation field, i am looking for IT field, have BScIT  graduation , coming for graduate diploma in ICT and management, MIT, Auckland.

Jyotishdidi wrote:

forget about aviation field,  i have BScIT graduation and thinking of doing Graduate diploma in ICT with management studies from MIT,Auckland. I am looking for IT field only.