Working and living in bahrain

Hi everyone,

I was hired as a secretary in Bahrain and the salary offer is 250BD. Will this be enough?. I'm married and blessed with two (2) kids. Is there a required minimum salary if I plan later to take w/ me my husband and kids later?. if not, what are the requirements so my family will could me in Bahrain? or In case my husband got work too in a 200BD salary, will these be enough in taking our kids considering their schooling and other means of living?...

Advance thanks for you information.

beth

dear phoemprinz,

very sorry to inform you that 250 BD would be very less to live in Bahrain with family. The main reason being the cost of medical / rent and schooling is on a higher side. Please go through the below mentioned link to have an idea about the cost of living

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=231960

T&R
Arjun

ok thanks a lot for the info.... I am taking it as a start experience so I can step on the first base... how bout for the salary range of secretaries in bahrain?... how much?.. will it really depend on the company status?.... thanks again...

hi,
i am moving to bahrain next week and start my new job with 600 BHD salary per month, is that enough to survive for tow people in bahrain?I am looking to rent a one bed flat .
anyone Please advise me.
thx

dear zak43,

kindly read through the previous posts before you ask a question, i am sure it would give you an idea about what your asking.

good luck

T&R
Arjun

phoemprinz wrote:

ok thanks a lot for the info.... I am taking it as a start experience so I can step on the first base... how bout for the salary range of secretaries in bahrain?... how much?.. will it really depend on the company status?.... thanks again...

BD250 is very low. Most nice apartments start at BD350. An average salary is around BD600 plus depending on nationality and the company.
I feel that you will be at risk financially if you take this role unless they are offering you lots of additional extras like housing, transport, return flights etc.
Also if you don't like the job the contracts can be hard to get out of too. Read the contract very carefully before you commit to taking the job